Perfect example of why Al Brooks is impossible to follow

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ChkitOut, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Will humans ever be able to process all of Al Brook's subjective beliefs in real time?What if they are wrong ?

#201     Oct 12, 2016
  2. Al brooks is most certainly very difficult to follow. His claims at first seem impossible and appear to be after the fact calls. But the more I read of his books which are the most difficult books to read that I have ever read, the more I see that his ideas seem to have a lot of validity. Not everything works all the time. He says the trades are like 60%. But the more you watch the markets the better Al Brooks seems to be. I have watched and traded for over 30 years and his explanations of market moves are very good. Much better than Edwards and Magee which he talks about especially early in his writing. His suggestions are guidelines not absolutes and talks about getting in to a rythym with the market. Yes everyone is correct that there appears to be times that you could interpret the market either way. Also there are times where his hi or lo 1 or 2 is followed with a 3 or 4 meaning you were stopped out twice or even three times if the hi or lo 4 failed. But there are a lot of times that his analysis really works. Three pushes to a top or bottom, gap bars, and shaven bars, trendlines and channel lines, inside range bars. The man has an abundance of information that you can use. Yes his stuff is boring and difficult to be patient enough to wait for the opportunities and probably does not work as well in all markets. If you can take in a few or even one of his ideas and make it work for you it could be very profitable. Yes in my opinion 9 times your margin money in a year on a one lot is certainly not an extraordinary claim.
    Al Brooks explanations are very difficult to follow. You have to use his books and his free youtube videos to try to make sense of what he is saying. There is an extraordinary amount of redundancy and repitition that adds to the boredom and tediousness of the subject. If you are one of the few who can understand what he is telling you it is unlikely that his analysis will not work very well for you.
    Trading is difficult emotionally. Trades usually go against you causing stress, when they go in your favor you want to take profits, which causes stress. The market many times takes away your profit which causes stress. You get out too soon which causes stress. The market does nothing while you are in the trade which still causes stress and maybe boredom. Only when you have a completed a good trade is there no stress, and for a new or marginally profitable trader you only feel relief when the trade is over. It is difficult to develop the confidence to be a good trader. Al Brooks certainly gives any trader an incredible amount of information to assimilate. That in conjunction with the emotional issues of trading can be too difficult for most of us to overcome.
    Most certainly Al Brooks information and ideas are not BS. They are difficult to incorporate and there is a tremendous amount of information to remember. I personally read the whole first book, 500 pages of the second book and am about 120 pages in to the third book on trading reversals. As I told a friend, to mine an ounce of gold a miner needs to go through a ton of rock. With Al Brooks you have to go through a ton of pages to get a clear nugget of an idea. But he keeps repeating the ideas over and over and adding new subtle twists (or maybe I finally think I am understanding what he is saying). So after reading over 1300 pages he appears to have a lot of good ideas.
    As for why he does not post his accounts or trades that is his personal business. He gives you great value in his books (which I bought on Amazon for about $150) and his free youtube videos. I have seen courses and trading systems offered for way more than Al Brooks is charging. I have never seen anything like his information available for $150. I traded on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade for twenty years and could never utilize the old phrase the trend is your friend. Al Brooks helps everyone with this idea. I have taken numerous courses talked to many people and even filled orders for a trader who is now a billionaire. For the life of me I could not figure out what that trader was looking at, Al Brooks however gives some structure to traders trying to analyze the markets. Good luck to us all.

#202     Nov 14, 2016
    slugar and Xela like this.
  3. pinabetal

pinabetal

Yes
    Yes. Possible. Read and read again and again and then practice and practice. They will be wrong at least 40% of the time. But you only need to be right 50% or 60% of the time to make money.

#203     Nov 15, 2016

4. You can not teach and old dog new tricks and a leopard never loses it's spots , meaning you can't change people.

The pump and dump is also a very old trick of trading :

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=pumping and dumping stocks

You lot never change , pumping and dumping continues , with Al Brooks courses.

Real traders don't have time for this.They don't hang around posting on lower pretenders , they make money trading , not posting on some subjective illusionary discretionary non trader.You think real traders got time to follow this Al Brookso_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Read my phsychology threads , opened by me in phsychology section , it is virtually impossible , to process all this information of Al brooks in real time

Good BYE

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    #204     Nov 15, 2016
  5. those who can’t do, teach,” and then goes on to deliver the punch line: “... and those who can’t teach, teach gym

Those who can't trade hang around forums , giving education on a trading failure's prepective

#205     Nov 15, 2016
  6. slugar

slugar

not suppose to process all of the information. I've read 3 of his 4 books and yes it's boring and a hard read but there is a ton of valuable information to be found and it's up to us to make it fit in our plan. the hardest part of trading is realizing the only think we can control is how we react to what the market is telling us and if we have enough faith in our plan to follow it.

#206     Nov 15, 2016

7. The title of thread is totally incorrect , realistically the title should be " Can humans really process all this subjective information " , in real time under pressure with emotions , stress , need to be right and information processing handicap of humans?.

What is going to prevent you mind , from blocking the rest of the information?It is already there .

The answer is NO , if you understand the human mind and how it works.

#207     Nov 15, 2016
  8. dartmus

dartmus

Anyone who programs and can think logically thru the price action u claim Brooks has incorrectly described......will see TIS U WHO ARE MISTAKEN and u who has incorrectly described the price action in that chart.

But pls carry on, all of you, ... it's better everyone argue than learn to distinguish the components Brooks describes. ...and automates a strategy based on that chart.

#208     Nov 15, 2016
  9. haha

https://tradingschools.org/reviews/al-brooks-trading/

need I say more?!?

#209     Nov 15, 2016
  10. slugar

slugar

Never claimed that anyone should process all of the information at one time, my only point is if you read the books there is helpful information to be found but not if your mind is made up and if that's the case why read it in the first place?

#210     Nov 15, 2016