Perelman-Shortie Uncertainty Suggests Red Day Today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Did anyone draw a horizontal line in the spot eur/usd at 1.4444? Let us call it the A-line, A for Athens or Asian. (naming lines is a recent fashion started by Shortie in his famous journal, so credits are due to him). The former name is obvious, the latter might be less and is connected to the Asia session. Americans seem to have left mainly risk (for longs and shorts alike) for the asians to trade on.

e/u is currently at 1.4437, only seven pips away from 1.4444, which might be viewed by new bears as a well defined risk, but trapped bears might get scared and hit the stops in their attempt to get out.

Any speculation on how they would trade the A line?

#51     Jun 29, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I hear ya :) I'm just referring to your comment that "it might have been a day early."

#52     Jun 29, 2011
  3. yeah, i have seen it do that. let's call it "a weak" signal. obviously it did not work at all this time.

#53     Jun 29, 2011
  4. Locutus

Locutus

Soooo, anyone noticed the massive outperformance of the CAC40 (which is my favored index atm) over the S&P500 in the past few days? Especially if you price the S&P500 in Euros, then it gets really special :D

We'll see over the next days and weeks whether we'll have a next leg up on European economic strenghth or not, as it's not yet trending harder than the States in a meaningful fashion.

#54     Jun 29, 2011
  5. ronblack

ronblack

CAC outperforms because of the exposure of French banks to Greek debt (nearly 60 billion) and the hope for a solution to the problem.

#55     Jun 29, 2011
  6. e/u broke out and is now at 1.4485 area.

The Pelerman-Shortie Uncertainty Principle suggests to me that sellers between 1.4485 and 1.45 might bring this down for ___ pips.

#56     Jun 29, 2011

7. (now take it easy, Joe :), anywhere else in the real world this clown would be drop-kicked out the fckin door but is tolerated at ET, an American board - have our standards dropped so much? )

Behold yet another ET retard - the problem at ET is that when a green-eyed-pussycat-mama's-caca-bum makes some statement about markets, nobody bothers to verify or more importantly, get a zoomed-out view aka perspective.

There is a reason why the CAC40 is called thusly - there is only one letter missing, namely an A at the end of CAC.

Not only does the CAC40 kneel before Zod aka Germany and UK but the latter 2 kneel before the Dow Jones and he in turn kneels before the $ (but the last part is a different story)

Hasn't any prick noticed that any fckin day when there is no direction guidance from european markets THEY always say in Europe, "well we wait for guidance from US markets"

an easy verification of why Brutus is a clown is a straight and simple RATIO chart of CAC40 versus S&P500

does anybody here see why I always have been saying, "burn ET to the ground and require a $100/month membership fee?"

Behold CAC40/S&P500 daily chart

The S&P is fckin the CAC40 in the bumlet and the CAC40 is screaming in agony and cannot reverse it

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#57     Jun 30, 2011
  8. And why would any mother want to price the S&P in euros when the union is in such deep shit regarding the euro already?

Look at all the shit they piled on the Dollar for years and years and years and that too, one country after another was piling shit on him - and guess what, he still knows how to fck them real good and they've not been able to take him out.

Now just one little Greece is dropping the whole union in the dumpster.

Has anybody given any thought to all the big shit they talk about Europe compared to the USA?

America could fire off one fart and send Europe into a centrifugal dance that never ends.

Fckin idiots, the whole lot, suck my dick.

#58     Jun 30, 2011
  9. Locutus

Locutus

You people have no sense of humour at all.

a) I'm aware of the fact that one of the main reasons of CAC40 outperformance is some support in the financials. The Financials relative performance have been a good barometer on how much people are really caring about this Greek stuff.
    b) @Deadbroke That chart shows relative performance over the S&P500 in shitty, worthless dollars so it's a shitty, worthless comparing apples to oranges graph. Quite like everything you say, really. It doesn't matter what kind of bullshit ideas you have about the Euro, the market is always right and the market says FU to the USD, Ben Bernanke and the US fiscal policy. Rightfully so, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Euro. Luckily, your countrymen have more sense than you because if more people were like you, I'd probably see the US turn into a third world country. Trailerpark groupthink, now that's a thing. "Ha our currency should be worth more cos we can kick your ass with our guns ya!" is the dumbest thing I've ever read on these boards.
    c) I said "over the past few days". Now I know you have trouble with nuance and your reading skills are pretty sub par, so I won't hold this particular thing against you personally. But if you look at the past few days you will see it going up pretty fast.
    d) You are on ignore. If anyone around here is an "ET retard" it's you. You contribute nothing positive nor insightful to any discussion you enter and you speak like a child. There is absolutely no way there is any truth to your stories on how you are such a market guru.

Edit: And if you have such a big problem with pricing the S&P500 in Euros, just price the CAC40 in dollars. Same shit, retard.
    Edit2: And I just realized you are looking at the index chart there. The CAC40 is not a total return index so you have to look at its total-return ETF instead. This is relevant because there have been some pretty events that affected the index level. See here: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=CAC:FP

You will notice the CAC40 isn't even below the April dip, while the S&P500 is approaching the march lows. Give it a week or two and it'll make a new 52wk high.

#59     Jun 30, 2011

10. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just what I thought you'd go thru' to cover your ass.

France (I happen to love her, esp. Place Saint Michel, Paris for my formative years of hanging out and listening to Creole gems and picking up chicks at the Sorbonne), is but a tick on the mighty USA's left nut.

Don't even bother going there trying to compare the euro to the US Dollar. Had you compared the Deutschmark, I'd throw you a cookie for your perspicuity but you are too dumb to see the difference.

Europe as a whole does not have even 0.0000000001% of the ingenuity of the US, so if the USA is going to crumble and die due to the once mighty Dollar dying, what the fuck do you think will happen to Sissy Europe? Why, if not Russia. China will roll in the tanks and that would be that. Easiest conquest in HISTORY.

#60     Jun 30, 2011