Perceptions of Islam in the Christendoms

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Nabuchodonosor, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Your argument might be valid if the US didn't retaliate by killing many more civilians than it lost on 911. Instead, the US went ballistic by attacking nations that had nothing to do with 911 and thereby legitamizing terrorist attacks that aim to do the same. Even though I can't say with clear conscience that 911 was completely justified, I can say that every "terror" attack after 911 against the West was warranted due to US occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan.

The US tortures its detainees and puts them in inhumane places such as Guantanamo B. A US soldier shouldn't be fighting an illegal war for Israel. Do you believe that the insurgents have resources to put their captured enemies in a P.O.W camp? Of course, not, they can only deal with those cowards accordingly. You're doing pretty bad if you're having your soldiers captured by insurgents with AK47's and self-made explosives.

They are fighting an occupier who has superiour weaponry and intelligence capabilities, who is illegally occupying a country. I don't think that what you're proposing would make much of a difference for the insurgents because it would only prevent the US from getting oil from other Arab countries, causing it's tanks to stop working.

#51     Jun 4, 2007
  2. gblnking

gblnking

Would never happen, The arabs need to sell the oil as much as the world needs it. The oil makes the arabs relevent. With out it they'd just dry up and blow away. Hmmm maybe we're on to something there. Maybe the greens have it right all along. Get rid of the oil the we can get rid of the arabs.

#52     Jun 4, 2007
  3. My argument is valid in refuting your previous claim that muslim terrorism is a response to occupation when in fact it preceded both the war in Iraq and Afghanistan and was a response to legal and legitimate US foreign policy. I don't disagree with you on the war in Iraq though.

PS the US did not attack nations that had nothing to do with 911. It attacked one such nation (Iraq), Afghanistan had everything to do with 9/11, besides the invasion of Afghanistan was based on a UN resolution and is therefore 100% legal.

#53     Jun 4, 2007
  4. You seem to be forgetting the decades long guerrilla war in the phillipines, (by muslims)the intermittent (but ongoing) bombings and murders in southern thailand, the continued unrest in the balkans (muslims), & a couple of hundred years of murderous piracy in the mallacan strait.

#54     Jun 4, 2007
  5. Southern Thailand is almost completely Islamic, while northern Thailand is a heaven for Western sex tourism, pedophilia, traffic in women, drug trade, etc. I can't blame the southern Muslims for wanting to secede from that hellhole.

I opposed the NATO intervention in Serbia, but to blame the (currently non-existent) violence completely on Muslims is ridiculous. The conflict was way more complicated than that and it wasn't solely a Muslim vs Serb conflict.

#55     Jun 4, 2007