Perceptions of Islam in the Christendoms

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Nabuchodonosor, Jun 2, 2007.

1. I do condemn the actions of radical fundamentalist Muslims. I also condemn complete inaction of so-called moderate muslims regarding their radical brethren, I condemn the unwillingness of the muslim world to clean their own house, I condemn the silence of moderate Muslims on terrorism, suicide bombings and violence, executions of gays and "honor" killings of women, I condemn their unwillingness to deal with the curriculum in madrassas in Pakistan and Hamas schools in Palestine, I condemn the tacit and often explicit support moderate Muslims provide to muslim extremists.

#11     Jun 3, 2007
  2. 9/11, London, Madrid, Bali/Australia, Russia, India, Israel, Danish Cartoons, French cars, Darfur, Rwanda, Somalia...

Yeah...right, they are blameless, always the victims. Give me a break.

#12     Jun 3, 2007
  3. Amil Imani is an Iranian-born American citizen and pro-democracy activist residing in the United States of America.

But where are all the peace-loving moderate Muslims that supposedly are in great majority? The Muslims who are neither jihadists themselves, nor do they support them? I and others, time and again, have been calling upon them to stand up and show the world that they oppose the fanatical Islamists. It is small comfort even if the vast majority of Muslims are not fanatic radicals, when they do nothing to demonstrate their position. It is instructive to recall that it is invariably a minority, and more often than not a very small minority, that launches a campaign of death and destruction.

Perhaps it is wishful thinking on the part of the non-Muslims to believe that one can be a Muslim moderate, given that Islam is radical at its very core. To be a moderate Muslim demands that the person explicitly renounce much of the violent, exclusionary, and radical teachings of the Quran. By so doing, the individual issues his own death warrant in Islamic countries, is condemned as apostate if he lives in a non-Islamic land and may even earn a fatwa on his head.

Dozens of Islamist shooting wars of lesser and greater bloodletting are presently raging in the world, aided and abetted by the "moderate Muslim" majority. The so called moderate Muslims, even if they exist, are complicit in the crimes of the radicals either by providing them with funds, logistics, and new recruits or by simply failing to actively confront and unequivocally renounce them.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/04/the_missing_moderate_muslims.html

#13     Jun 3, 2007
  4. Only someone that does not know any Muslims can truly believe these statements.

In which case, you a) have zero authority on this subject matter as you do not have first hand knowledge of the people you are talking about. Your knowledge is coming purely from (questionable) literature or b) you are deliberately spreading propaganda that you know to be false.

In either case, your comments on this subject can be safely ignored.

It is perhaps just my perception but you seem to come across as being genuinely scared and fearful and that is unfortunately a very stressful and unpleasant way to go through life.

#14     Jun 3, 2007
  5. LOL, the article was written by Amil Imani - an Iranian-born American citizen and pro-democracy activist residing in the United States of America. I am sure he does not know any Muslims.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/04/the_missing_moderate_muslims.html

#15     Jun 3, 2007
  6. YOU quoted the article. Do you believe those statements or not? I don't care about the author.

#16     Jun 3, 2007
  7. You said that the quote could only be written by a person who did not know any Muslims while the author was in fact an Iran born muslim. You made a complete fool of yourself.

PS Yes obviously I believe those statements and regardless of whether I do or don't know many Muslims the author of those statements knows more Muslims than you or I ever will.

#17     Jun 3, 2007
  8. No I didn't. I said:

"Only someone that does not know any Muslims can truly believe these statements."

Read it for yourself. It's in black and white for all the world to see that you are trying to revise.

Hence my original assertion. If you obviously believe those statements then you have no credibility on the matter for the reasons stated. I don't know any other way to put it. If English is not your first language I can try and get a translation for you if you let me know what is your native tongue and we might be able to converse in that moving forward.

You presume much but clearly know very little. You don't know the first thing about me.

It's clear you aren't interested in intelligent debate. I understand now why you're ignored by so many on ET.

#18     Jun 3, 2007
  9. Oh please, the point you were trying to make was that only people who don't know any Muslims can take those statements seriously when it was actually written by a muslim.

BTW why don't you try to refute what he said instead of splitting hairs? Like maybe you can come up with examples of muslim protests against the slaughter of children in a Russian school by muslim terrorists, or their protests against Danish cartoon riots or protests against the Bali bombing, or against French riots or London/Madrid bombings. Let alone 60 years of attacks on Israeli civilians.

#19     Jun 3, 2007
  10. No dddooo. What you condemn is the moderate Arab not going along with your attempt to liken our struggle against your illegal occupation and wanton killing and theft to that of some radical Muslims.

You have tried and tried to do that in an attempt to give justification to your occupation.

The message that you have been trying for the longest while to relay is " Forget about my land theft, forget about my ethnic cleansing, forget about me terrorizing a total population and committing war crimes against them. focuse on likening them to radical Muslims and focused on liking me to you!"

You are doing that to hit two birds in one stone.

The first bird is to attract the radical Christian religious right to you; a right that could associate with your Judaism against "THEIR" Islamisem. To do so, you have to liken Palestinian struggle (Christians and Muslims) to that of the radical Muslim elements and by so discredit the whole struggle against your fascist state.

The second bird is to put any patriotic American, who sees through your bullshit, in a guilt trip by likening your fascist ideology and your war to oppress my people to that of the American war on terror.

That is why you lurk in here waiting for the opportunity to attack Muslims in general and promoting a war against a whole religion to give the impression that this poor zionist feels for you because, after all, he, the poor zionist, is going through the same exact thing with them primitive Palestinians.

You have been exposed buddy and day after day, the mask you have tried for the longest while to wear is peeling off your ugly zionist face.

People are not stupid dddooo. You really do not realize that you should be the last one to attack Muslims due to the fact that everyone knows the hidden agenda behind your attack.

#20     Jun 3, 2007