Perception, nice read

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cgroupman, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

For the third time now. I no longer maintain an ignore list.
    Very "progressive" of me don't you think?

#11     Feb 7, 2012
  2. nitro

nitro

Is this story true? Is there a link?

#12     Feb 8, 2012
  3. For what it's worth, I checked Snopes before I posted it. Nice story, interesting response.

c

#14     Feb 8, 2012
  4. Sure... AND... Who the hell has time to listen to the violin when it's rush hour? People are trampling each other to get somewhere...

BUT it's nice that they put a spin on it... that it's people's perception that's to blame. As if there couldn't be many other more reasonable reasons to account for the lack of attention.

Also, who the fuck is Joshua Bell...? :confused: I mean, really... This is the first time I've heard of him.... AND they wonder about perception...?

It's like... "Hey look! Nobody recognized a guy that nobody knows! It's because they think that he's a bum! Fucking perception... Damn you and your prejudice!"....

#15     Feb 8, 2012
  5. nitro

nitro

#16     Feb 8, 2012
  6. Heck, there was a time, a very short time, when the Beatles were only known in the U.K. And, who is 'MIA' from the Madonna spectacle? I'm not saying I would have known the guy either, but I like to think I would have at least recognized his skill level, or the tunes he played.

c

#17     Feb 8, 2012
  7. Yeah... First time I heard of MIA too... Must be getting old! I'd like to think that I would have recognized his skill level too...! Now if someone was doing a good Johnny Cash I probably would've thrown my wallet at him!:D

#18     Feb 8, 2012
  8. easymon1

easymon1

#19     May 4, 2022