Percentage of stock owned by institutions - historical data

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TraderD, Feb 12, 2013.

1. TraderD

Can anyone point me to data provider which can give historical values of institutional ownership(%) of stock? Ideally, given stock XYZ provide monthly or quarterly data for the last 10-20 years.
  2. TraderD

WONDA provides data for last 8 quarters, but that is not enough - more data points are needed for meaningful conclusions.
  3. Hey if you found that out, let me know if you can get historical data for short % of flat for me over the past 10 years or so.
  4. gmst

I think (not too sure) all such data for last 10 years can be found in CRSP database, which is typically available in all major universities business school libraries.
  5. TraderD

"The CRSP stock database doesn’t cover institutional ownership though – we only have pricing and corporate actions data available. Maybe try checking with Capital IQ’s Compustat fundamental data product."

Checking now...
    Anyone got this data or has other references? Thanks
  6. ==================
    Yes,,IBD paper edition has some good info when i took it. has some funds ownership; ''major holders'' its named.:cool:
  7. TraderD

They do, but I need historical ownership, to find out correlation between ownership % and price.

Looked and WONDA and CapitalIQ. Both got some data, but not in useful format.