people who trade futures are extremely dumb...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by cooolweb, Dec 9, 2010.

1. You remind me of Obama....Emperor without clothes...

The point you are trying to make related to appropriate leverage (if you have the ability to recognize that) is valid...

Your comments suggest that you are somewhat immature with an inkling of intelligence ...BUT

To suggest that successful traders need to 'get a masters (Should be capital) or PHd is simply absurd...which again suggests you are somewhat naive and simply arrogant..and young...

There is a certain point where it is better that you refrain from commenting even if you have a poorly managed balance in 'excess of $800,000 in your brokers account'...capiche!!

You can look silly even if it is unintended...

NiN

#51     Dec 9, 2010
  2. volente_00

volente_00

Because mentally they can't handle the leverage that futures offer

#52     Dec 9, 2010
  3. emg

emg

Here is another interesting thread why and how a professional futures traders make huge money. They know that $100K account is needed instead $2000 account or $5K or $10K or $20K

SethArb

Have you considered going back? I've been clearing through a FCM. But the money these guys make is phenomenal. Obviously, it wouldn't be wise for me to jump right in. I've spent alot of time learning and speaking to guys on the floor. I actually would prefer starting out as a clerk before putting up a $50K bond, leasing out a seat (2 months needed) and putting up the capital to trade. I figure I need at least $100K before making one trade. Some of these guys started out at NYBOT. The initial costs are, of course, much less than the MYMEX. Knowing what you know would do it now?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53845&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

#53     Dec 10, 2010
  4. emg

emg

Futures Trading is not get rich quick by investing $2K, $5K, $10K, $20K. Obviously, 99% in this thread does not understand the risk involves trading in the futures market and yet trading such a small amount of capital thinking they willl get rich quick.

That is why 97% of the people lose trading in the futures market. They dont understand the CFTC disclaimer: Futures Trading is not for everybody and only risk capital should be used.

That Said!!

#54     Dec 10, 2010
  5. I know that some days, even if I trade perfectly, I'm going to lose.

#55     Dec 10, 2010
  6. 3 cent stop for folks that aint been right once in 20 years, so they save themselves $ by getting out of their own way

#56     Dec 10, 2010
  7. What are the margins these days?
    On:
    ES
    YM
    NQ
    QM

I am curious.

#57     Dec 10, 2010
  8. pspr

pspr

Exchange minimums. Day margins are about half. Of course, that tells you little unless you know the contract size, tick size and volatility.

http://www.sonicfutures.com/margins.asp

#58     Dec 10, 2010
  9. Emg is right. the best traders do have master or doctor degrees.

Trust me, I know. Master Degree in Science Program in Computation for Design and Optimization at MIT.

#59     Dec 10, 2010
  10. kxvid

kxvid

It is possible to make huge money trading futures, but the type of people that trade futures are never satisfied. Most will trade until all their gains are gone and some equity. A wise futures trader is perhaps the man that closes his large account with a 70% return, buys real things with the money, and never trades again.

#60     Dec 10, 2010