people who trade futures are extremely dumb...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by cooolweb, Dec 9, 2010.

1. On what time frame? A 1min of a 15min?

#11     Dec 9, 2010
  2. in stocks , you can fine tune an entry into a 1:50 risk reward ratio.
    Never happens in futures. I chuckle to myself when i see people fighting for a 1:3 risk reward in futures, equivalent to doing hard labor construction work for $60 a day

who wants to see a demo?

#12     Dec 9, 2010
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Philosophical question of the day:

Why is a losing futures trader dumber than a losing stocktrader? They are both losing, does it matter if they are using different instrument?

My guess is that what the OP meant was: Future traders are losers in bigger % than stock or option traders. That might or might not be true.

Even if it is true, that could be contributed less to the mindset or instrument and more to the fact that it is easier to open a futures account than a stock or option account, thus more people who shouldn't be in the business try it.

That's all folks....

#13     Dec 9, 2010
  4. yeah, baby!
    Always looking to learn more.
    Show me.,

#14     Dec 9, 2010
  5. volente_00

volente_00

I do.

Show me one stock where you have a chance to make 20% to 200% ROI every single day ?

#15     Dec 9, 2010
  6. Timmy Sykes PENNY STOCK play? :eek:

#16     Dec 9, 2010
  7. So you are saying, you don't think there is *any* way to enter a stock with a 5 cent risk and have a $4 reward ?

And most importantly do it consistently?

#17     Dec 9, 2010
  8. Handle123

Handle123

In my case, I would actually have to agree with you. I started 30 years ago trading stocks, I was very good at it cause I started at the very beginning of the greatest bull market ever. I truly feel that had I just stayed with stocks, I could have ten times what I have, but no, I had to venture into commodities and only through perseveres did I overcome, but that took seven years of losing, taking from my stock profits to pay my entry fees of losses into commodities. I have done very nicely since, but the losing of man hours certainly took away from happier of times like travel and hobbies. Long term trading is so much less time and financially better rewarding than day trading as far as reward to risk. When you think about the time involved to profits, hourly it is astronomically high and average trade as well, compared to day trading my average per trade is $32 bucks, only thru size is it worth doing, but given the amount I have to risk to get $32, totally inverse to longer term trading.

#18     Dec 9, 2010
    beginner66 likes this.
  9. And I bet you could pick your nose even better than you can pick your stocks, with a hole-in-one every time. Now that's risk/reward! (No demo, please.)

#19     Dec 9, 2010
  10. Good trades don't come everyday so...

one trade max per week,
    with super large size
    about 5-8% per successful trade.

#20     Dec 9, 2010