People who got rich from doing dumb things

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pension_Admin, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Are runway models and fashion models considered supermodels, or just models? Most of them are ugly as shit.

#31     Jan 18, 2010
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

whats wrong with lady gaga?

madness is misunderstood genius. thats what i keep telling myself :D

#32     Jan 18, 2010
  3. Seriously, I am impress with Lady GaGa. She know how to use the paparazzi to get herself to fame and fortune. She also know how to distract them with the outragous fashion so that the paparazzi won't focus too much on other aspects of her life.

She is definitely a genuis. No doubt about it.

PA

#33     Jan 18, 2010
  4. Lady Gaga = KISS

Conventional pop music with outlandish fashion. She's borrowed from madonna to launch her career. Hasn't been done successfully in 20 years so she is just the one who was lucky enough to have a convergence at the right time. Good for her. Myself, I find her music distressingly bland.

#34     Jan 18, 2010
  5. You forget to add accepting payment in stock from crap otc stock companies to pump their garbage, and then getting to sell same stock to nitwits that buy the pump.

[​IMG]

Then theres the bottom feeders like Sykes who tell you how to rob the robbers.

#35     Jan 18, 2010
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

building on that idea....

i think the award for 'people who got rich from doing dumb things' must go to.....

(....drum roll...........)

(scroll down in anticipation.........)

investment bankers. if that isn't enough, and you want an example, then how about the .con bubble when some bright spark in a bank decided to value these non-profitable web based companies based on the number of mouse clicks they received! remember that?

i mean that idea is dumb. but on the other hand, getting everyone to agree to the model is pure genius - or was it that everyone who agreed to that model was even dumber?

[​IMG]

#36     Jan 19, 2010
  7. FACEBOOK-dumbest shit ever

#37     Jan 19, 2010
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

not as bad as twitter. i mean WTF!!!

i agree though facedbook is a crock of shit

#38     Jan 19, 2010
  9. Although I'd like to be rich as much as the next guy, I'd go with prodigy hands down. Those are good chances. As for the 99 IQ, after being exposed to it here at ET for so long, I'm convinced that no amount of money would make it right.

#39     Jan 19, 2010
  10. WOULD YOU RATHER WIN THE FIELD'S MEDAL IN SOME ARCANE MATHEMATICS IN 2010 OR BE A TRADER WITH AN AVG IQ (100) THAT'S JUST STUMBLED OVER AN "EDGE" THAT YOU *THINK* WILL MAKE YOU RICH EVENTUALLY?

answer truthfully :D

#40     Jan 19, 2010