People who got rich from doing dumb things

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pension_Admin, Jan 17, 2010.

1. That is a very interesting question and I think a lot of people will have difficulty in answering it AND take the appropriate action.

Smart people are smart because they don't want to look dumb (sound silly doesn't it?). They have an ego and don't want anybody to look down on them. That is a major weakness in smart people that cause them to be stuck in the rat race that was created by those who exploit this weakness.

If you ask a smart person if he want to be rich but dumb, of course he/she will say yes, but are they willing to do the dumb things and may eventually get look down upon on?

Given the decisions they have made in their lives, I would say no.

#11     Jan 17, 2010
  2. It wasn't a personal comment, just tongue in cheek. :)

#13     Jan 17, 2010
  3. #14     Jan 17, 2010
  4. So who is "dumber" the people doing these things or the people paying to see them? My vote is with the latter...

#15     Jan 17, 2010
  5. I'd rather find a cure for cancer and receive no compensation for it.

#16     Jan 17, 2010
  6. That's just silly, smart people are smart because they don't want to appear dumb :confused:

#17     Jan 17, 2010
  7. Same here. People are pretty dumb when it comes to entertainment. Peoples would pay hundredth of dollars to watch a bunch of millionaire play ball.

#18     Jan 17, 2010
  8. I am trying to be dumb and I see it is working. lol

PA

#19     Jan 17, 2010
  9. It's better of course to be rich and smart, but if I had to choose between poor and smart or rich and dumb, I'd choose rich and dumb. I don't mean dumb as a rock, but just an average Joe. Money buys mansions, Lamborghinis, vacations, and a lifetime supply of hot women.

#20     Jan 17, 2010