People Who Don't Pay Their Taxes Want To Raise Your Taxes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tomdavis, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Thank you for making my point. Someone who advocates family values and then gets caught humping their aides' wives would get tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail. Yet the Obama administration hasn't fired a single aid out of 41 who doesn't pay their taxes. Apparently these tax-evaders do so with White House approval.

#21     Sep 10, 2010
  2. I think the problem is that the IRS doesn't care anymore.

This is a true story that happened to me.

When I moved to _______Island, a good old boy approached me one day and told me if I wanted to cash any big money checks that he would take them.

I replied "any size" and he replied "sure".
    Then I said $15,000 and he said "sure".

I checked around and the scuttlebutt was that he took a commission on these cashed checks so that contractors etc could avoid putting them in their account to avoid taxes. It was also rumored that he kept a large stash in his house.

Because of his reputation and extensive police record for brawling etc. he was elected country commissioner (He even ran over and killed a man who he was having problems with and no charges were filed).

Later, because the sheriff wouldn't heed my calls about trespassers, I approached him about the matter.

His reply was "they ain't botherin' me".

So being royally pissed, I called the IRS about the guy and their reply was "He ain't botherin me".

#22     Sep 10, 2010
  3. No they dont, they continue to be Senators.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31652.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ensign#Marriage

However I have yet to see the title - 'People who advocate family values want you to hump your neighbors wife'

#23     Sep 10, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

I get your point, but this may still be a systemic problem that's fair to discuss. We can do the adultery thing in another thread. I admit, the op sounds like he's making pronouncements about the entire federal government workforce. We need more data to understand.

#24     Sep 10, 2010
  5. #25     Sep 10, 2010
  6. #26     Sep 10, 2010
  7. You should know.

#27     Sep 10, 2010
  8. 840K ...while there are trillions stashed in off shore accounts held up in appeals. Hellen Keller syndrome.

#28     Sep 10, 2010
  9. Picaso

Picaso

Omitted from the Washington Times article:

<i>And 41 employees at the Executive Office of the President owed $831,000 altogether - <u>about the same amount as during the last year of George W. Bush's administration.</u>

Nationwide, debt to the IRS has been rising steadily, even before the current economic downturn, with $103.2 billion owed at the end of last year.

<u>From 2004 through 2006, the last three years that Republicans were in power, the total amount of back taxes owed each year by congressional workers hovered just below $9 million.</u> But in 2007, <u>when Democrats took control of both houses, it dropped to $6.8 million</u>. Since then, it has increased by 37 percent.

During 2008 and 2009 - when the financial crisis took hold and the economy started sinking - the Senate debt increased 80 percent and the House debt increased 25 percent. </i>

Hermit couldn't have been more timely with this post: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206484

#29     Sep 10, 2010
  10. Thanks Picaso. You made my day.

#30     Sep 10, 2010