People saving money for college shouldn't blow it in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Feb 3, 2010.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Actually, I support the 100% voluntary regressive intelligence tax. Might be the only tax I can get completely behind.

#21     Feb 4, 2010
  2. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

No argument conceptually, but I learned through research that a huge number of people actually believe that the lottery is their best chance of retiring with $500k+. That only happens when the government manipulates them with ads and marketing. The government pushing people into the lottery as investment option is gross. I guess its not much different than Social Security really -- which is also a gross government institution. As far as Obama I am not sure why he keeps yapping bout Vegas, except being sloppy.

#22     Feb 4, 2010
  3. Ofcourse Vegas was the wrong thing to pick, since its so easy to blow up your tuition fund on lotteries. :p

#23     Feb 4, 2010
  4. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I don't care for any politician, right or left, but you sound like someone looking to defend your guy even when he is dead wrong :)

#24     Feb 4, 2010
  5. sumfuka

sumfuka

Maybe, just maybe... he has extraordinary bad luck and loses in every single game at vegas; Keno, Slots, Craps, BJ, Baccarat, Roulette, heck even that money wheel. And now he's gambling with our lives. :p

#25     Feb 4, 2010
  6. But what is there to defend, what he said was just common sense :confused:

#26     Feb 4, 2010
  7. pspr

pspr

Our moron president did nothing wrong with this latest statement about Las Vegas other than use poor judgement after making his last statement about Las Vegas that cost the city many cancelled conventions and retreats.

The Mayor of Las Vegas said Obama is a slow learner. I think it is more that he has diarrhea of the mouth and loves hearing his own voice - especially when he is telling his peasants how to behave or what to believe.

#27     Feb 4, 2010
  8. There's nothing wrong with what the President said anyway. People are just tempted to waste their saved money in gambling or some other form of entertainment.

#28     Feb 5, 2010
  9. Give Dark POTUS a break, he's right.. However he should be attacking all gambling. Another thing he needs to attack is Glutony. I'm talking Fatso's, especially the ones sponging off the government . On a recent road I made the mistake of stopping at a Golden Corral. The slobs in there loading up on the $10 all u can eat buffet reminded one of Sodom and Gemmorah. I sat there watching this orgy of glutony and could only think of the poor folks in Haiti. We need a Hitler to round up these disgusting Fat-loads, line 'em up over a ditch and open fire. After that round up the f@#king Midgets, annoying little b@#tards. Damn, now I feel like going down to the Rusty Nail and picking a fight with the fat Samoan bouncer, coconut eating c@#ksu@ker.

Rennick out :cool:

#29     Feb 6, 2010
  10. Might ought to lay off the magic shrooms there pops , take your Geritol and call it a night.
    You' re having delusions of being able to beat people up again.

#30     Feb 6, 2010