People Randomly coming off of my Ignore List?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FortuneTeller, May 15, 2022.

1. Okay, this morning, another person (nine_ender) randomly came off of my ignore list and I had to endure a hateful post towards me. This happens once in awhile with different posters? Maybe they have hacked my account and are taking themselves off of my ignore list? Maybe these posters are the same person?

Enquiring minds want to know. :mad:

2. deaddog

deaddog

What happens if you put them back on?

3. They stay on until someone else mysteriously comes back off of ignore. It doesn't happen often but it shouldn't be happening at all. :(

4. smallfil

smallfil

Just block them again. It could be they created a new account just to avoid the block. You are winning because the idiots want very badly, to see what you are posting.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  5. deaddog

deaddog

So I'm still confused at the difference between an Ignore and a block.
    If I put someone on ignore I believe that they can still see my posts but I don't get theirs.
    If I block them then they don't see my posts.
    If someone ignores me, then I can't ignore or block them.
    Is that correct?

6. smallfil

smallfil

Not really sure how it all works. I use only the block function to totally, block ET trolls. They can logout to see what I post but, would be an inconvenience for them to login and logout over and over again. What I was referring to is the ET troll probably, created another ET account to use to avoid the block entirely. That is why I suggested to block that account as well. There are times suddenly, a new ET troll comes out of the woodwork and starts trolling right away. It is quite possible that ET troll is a regular ET troll that has been blocked already.

7. Yes, I should of used the work "Block" instead of "Ignore" because they are coming off of block. I totally block people, not just put them on ignore. And yes, a troll will show up (most likely a new nick of someone I have on block) once in a while and right away attack me like they know me and I block them right away also. Monobrowtrading for example comes to mind with that scenario. :(

8. This sounds correct to me.

9. Overnight

Overnight

Fer cryin' out loud, nobody "hacked your account" to mess with your block/ignore list. Really, man?

Why not just man up and not use the feature in the first place? Suck it up and just not respond to those you do not agree with?

There is music for this. LISTEN!

10. Overnight

Overnight

@Magna

#10     May 16, 2022