People on Foodstamps - 46.3MM. Record.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

The media, too, right? Oh, and law enforcement. Arts and entertainment. There are commies and sympathizers everywhere, huh?

Edit: and... as another thread here today pointed out, women.

#21     Dec 5, 2011
  2. From wiki.

Macroeconomic effect:

"Like other forms of government spending, SNAP, by putting money into people's hands, increases aggregate demand and stimulates the economy. In congressional testimony given in July 2008, Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody's Economy.com, provided estimates of the one-year fiscal multiplier effect for several fiscal policy options, and found that a temporary increase in SNAP was the most effective, with an estimated multiplier of 1.73.[29] In 2011, Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack gave a slightly higher estimate: "Every dollar of SNAP benefits generates $1.84 in the economy in terms of economic activity."[30] Vilsack's estimate was based on a 2002 George W. Bush-era USDA study which found that "Ultimately, the additional $5 billion of FSP (Food Stamp Program) expenditures triggered an increase in total economic activity (production, sales, and value of shipments) of $9.2 billion and an increase in jobs of 82,100," or $1.84 stimulus for every dollar spent. [31]"

#22     Dec 5, 2011

3. '' i'm a war time President, God spoke to me'' dubya . :mad: .

#23     Dec 5, 2011
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Obama inherited a screwed up economy but the point is that he promised to fix it but has only made it worse for 3-years.

Obama did not fix the economy as promised. He didn't close Gitmo as promised. He didn't end a single war as promised and he rammed a healthcare law through congress that nobody wants. Helluva 3-years there.

#24     Dec 5, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Moody's?? Lol, buncha Marxists! And lately, Bloomberg, too.

Edit: before I forget, the guys at Pimco as well. Marxists, all.

#25     Dec 5, 2011
  6. "Every dollar of SNAP benefits generates $1.84 in the economy in terms of economic activity."

This is good news, on the flip side though ya think I've personally been deprived of creating my own $1.84 of economic activity? After all it is my dollar, I earned. Not quite sure how this works.

#26     Dec 5, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Nope, you're good. The administration of the transfer itself is a small multiplication (of course the more automated that process is the less good it does people) so it's fair to say that you've done better than 84%.

#27     Dec 5, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

#28     Dec 5, 2011
  9. $1M is not what it used to be...

#29     Dec 5, 2011
  10. food ... evil ???
    Must be a Christian thing.

#30     Dec 6, 2011