People leave groceries at the check out

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Aug 21, 2009.

1. If you consider 15 years "few and short" then I'd hate to see your blotter.

#31     Aug 21, 2009
  2. I am pretty much a complete idiot.

The only thing I know about life is what I observe at Walmart or Aldi's.

There is an Aldi's which is convenient for me to stop at as I find my way home.

My guess is that over 50 per cent of their business is WIC and 30 per cent is older folk on fixed incomes. These are not exactly my demographic.

Anyway, our public school system is ROTTEN to the core.

The dropouts on food stamps casually and without a thought go around the store and fill up their carts.

They get to the checkout, and the checker rings up a total, and the female never a male swipes the WIC card.

They have not estimated or had no idea how much was left on the card.

The checker gets another cart and the customer decides which items she wants reversed and the checker puts those in another cart.

How stupid are these dropouts?

I have seen more groceries in put back than taken out of the store.

As Yakoff Smirnoff used to say, America what a country!

#32     Aug 21, 2009
  3. MattF

MattF

Someone gets it. I too would see the same thing...and of course what gets kept a lot? The crap and junk food. No semblance or thought whatsoever. Enjoy because that's your life until something drastic happens to the wic program.

#33     Aug 22, 2009
  4. What I have observed: two sets of groceries. The first is cheese, milk, cereal & baby formula - this is the WIC batch... The second set is Corona Cerveza, Chicarones, etc. The female-WIC, male-liquor payment system is the same.

#34     Aug 22, 2009