People In Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Mar 28, 2003.

1. "Son of wealthy South American landowners rebels against aristocrat parents". I'm as easily dismissed as that. There you go, I saved you the time.

I guess the pill's too bitter for now. But keep thinking about it. You might eventually find swallowing to be quite the liberating experience.

#51     Mar 31, 2003
  2. What we don't understand is why whiny thirld-world bums like you blame America for everything instead of working their ass off to create wealth just like we do.

If you and your people like to live in shacks and spend their time dancing tango, drinking mate, and reading the communist manifesto fine, but it's YOUR choice not America's to live that life. You and nobody else's is at fault for your own misery.

When America tries to export capitalism is to help. It isn't America's fault that your ignorant and corrupt ruling plutocracy turn capitalism and free market policies into a joke.

#52     Mar 31, 2003
  3. 1. I can't speak for anybody else buzzy, but I myself certainly am working my ass off -- time spent educating you guys not counted. And please, easy on the hyperbole. I'm hardly blaming America for EVERYTHING; only what its guilty for.

2. Yes! Just the way it should be! Imagine, a citizenry suffering as a result of its own actions. What a concept. Someone tell Uncle Sam to read this.

3. Help? Help themselves, obviously. But who else gains? Certainly not the people ostensibly being "helped" -- not if the evidence we have from 3rd world adventures like Guatemala or Nicaragua counts for anything.

#53     Mar 31, 2003
  4. You are changing subjects, but I can see why, in your marxist mind exporting capitalism and military intervention are one and the same thing.

And yes, it's your own fault because you don't have the balls to throw the corrupts out of your government. Only when you don't have anything to eat you go out to the streets to fight. You don't fight for principles and ideals like freedom and democracy, you only fight when you're hungry. Instead of accusing the US of military horrors you should go read your own country's history books, it's filled with bloody tyrants and dictators.

And why? because you 3rd-world people don't mind being raped abused and humiliated as long as your own government and your bosses throw you crumbles to eat.

America is not heaven, but there is a limit to the abuses coming from the government and employers. No one has absolute power.

And capitalism benefits the US because that way you will have your own money and will stop begging the IMF and the World Bank (US taxpayers) for another loan and/or to forgive unpaid loans.

#54     Mar 31, 2003
  5. Buzzy, it's the "export" of capitalism, per se, that I disapprove of, it's the form it's often delivered in. ie, support of suppressive right wing regimes that do _NOTHING_ to help the populace, save line the pockets of the fat cats back stateside, or outright invasions, performed under the guise of humanitarianism (as is happening in Iraq).

I don't dispue the rest of your post at all. And if you'd just taken the time to read what I've already written (instead of confirming the stereotype -- loudmouth yank :D) you'd have seen I already mentioned it myself.

#55     Mar 31, 2003
  6. Oops, forgot to add my punchline.

Here it is:

That "Cowboys and Indians" has become such a treasured piece of Americana is as incomprehensible to me as watching children learn to play "Gestapo und Juden" would be for a German.

#56     Mar 31, 2003
  7. So the right-wing regimes in your own country are the real culprits for your misery? Agree.

Did the US support them? Yes, but the problem is that you people don't give the US many choices, it's either a corrupt right wing government, or an extremist communist rabidly anti-american government. So the obvious choice is to lend support to the right-wingers. And it's naive academics, the IMF the World Bank's fault to sell the idea that only "free" market policies are going to solve the problem. That idea has turned out to be a failure, I agree.

Something similar happened in Iraq it was either a fanatic muslim government or a secular government led by Saddam.

The real problem is lack of democracy and limits to power, not US imperialism. The solution has to come from yourselves, when you say stop to anybody who wants to seize absolute power.

Unfortunately sometimes it's too late, and dictators are a threat to their own people AND Americans, and it's US military DUTY to intervene in this case, to take them out.

#57     Mar 31, 2003
  8. At least in the present day Indian tribes have tax preferences and government-sponsored programs.

And it was the English and the Spanish who did that.

#58     Mar 31, 2003

9. Oh yes, like the great Englishman General Custer.

#59     Mar 31, 2003
  10. So in conclusion it's more important for you to be politically correct and cry for all the native americans killed 100-200 years ago, rather than devise ways to integrate them into American society?

Do you in Latin America try to integrate natives into society or just give a sh*t if they live like in the stone age?

#60     Mar 31, 2003