People In Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Babak

Babak

no reply?

#31     Mar 30, 2003
  2. Alfonso you ask : "Do you really think this a war to liberate Iraqis? "

I am talking as a person here, as a human being. I don't give a fig what Bush's motivation is. All I know is that my fellowman is
    living in hell and if Bush's action will benefit these people then well and good.

I happen to know a few Iraqi people and, is it not amazing, they all are the way Babak describes.

For the benefit of those people with thick skulls I will repeat what Babak said : "I've spoken to a green grocer here in town who is Iraqi and although he is very worried about his family, he knows that the US is not going in there to kill civilians. If that was their intention they would have easily levelled cities to rubble within 24 hours. He is a cocktail of emotions, hopeful, fearful, angry, and resigned. What he is not is against the war."

Yes, I know about collateral damage. Do you have a better solution ?

freealways

#32     Mar 30, 2003
  3. yabz

yabz

An interesting site, a blog by an Iraqi living in Baghdad, that gives an idea about what the Iraqis think about the war and what its like to be in Baghdad at the moment....
    http://www.dearraed.blogspot.com/

#33     Mar 31, 2003
  4. From Babak
    I think our African American brothers may slightly disagree with you.

#34     Mar 31, 2003
  5. Bor2trade,

Not to mention the indigenous Americans whose slaughter has become a part of national folklore.

Okay, that was "in the past". Well, you can just as easily point to the hundreds of thousands (perhaps milions) who have suffered horrendous deaths as a direct result of US foreign policies. Since we're talking about Iraq, a great example of this would be America's share of responsibility for the one million deaths in the Iran-Iraq war of the 80s, which America actively encouraged Iraq to pursue, and aided her via weapons, materials and funds. (Of course, the obvious example to point to is Vietnam...)

Pity the poor soul who, usually through absolutely no fault of his own, becomes an "enemy" (stands in the way) of US geopolitical goals.

Where's the benevolance? In the classrooms, movies and fantasies of the American populace.

#35     Mar 31, 2003
  6. Neither do I have anything personal against you Babak. From all accounts you appear to be a reasonable and level headed, although tragically mistaken, guy.

They really want this war huh? Hmm, the fact that thousands of Arabs, expatriate Iraqis among them, are returning to Iraq to defend might, just might, suggest otherwise. Or what of the fact that there are also millions of Iraqis that like the Saddam regime. No mention of that in any western media source I can find.

Perhaps I haven't been talking to enough grocers.

#36     Mar 31, 2003
  7. I can see by your comments of "In the classrooms, movies, and fantasies of the American populace" that you are just a simpleton, a typical uninformed anti-American.

Having any discussions with your ilk is impossible, as your mind is as closed as a KKK member is. You are just an extremist. Plain, vanilla, lacking in life experience, having absorbed someone else's life experiences and having adopted them yourself with totalitarian glee.

Like so many before you, you have found your scapegoat for all the ills of the world, and as such will never need to change or engage in any form of critical thinking, introspection, or rational methods of evaluation. Your world is this neat clean package of black and white thinking, as primitive and absolute in its nature as George Bush with his own perspective of good guys and bad guys and nothing in between.

Just another brainwashed kid, who can't really think for himself.

#37     Mar 31, 2003
  8. damn I think you nailed him with that one.

#38     Mar 31, 2003
  9. half of these protestors just need to start taking their prozac again and go back to school, the other half need to move to France where they will be happier.

#39     Mar 31, 2003
  10. I have a better idea. Those who are young healthy students, can enlist in the Iraqi Army and fight against the imperialist American forces who are invading Iraq to conquer the poor innocent people and their democratic regime just to plunder their oil.

Given they are students, with no family to support, no job loss to effect the economy, they are perfect candidates.

#40     Mar 31, 2003