People In Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Ok OK.....Im deep down a good guy.....WAAAAY deep down.....

*************** !!!!!!!!!******************

I just took my voodoo curse off you and your family.......i whish no ill harm on anyone due to my fear of going to a fiery hell....and CUBANO Reprimanding me :mad: ..........Im off to the well to go throw back a few with another ET member but don't ever lose your sense of humor candle/alf.....

#21     Mar 28, 2003
  2. Babak

Babak

No need to engage in phony dialogue. If you have an inkling of the suffering of the Iraqi people you only need to say so. If you are a pampered Euro baby then (if you are brave and honest) just say so. Simple isn't it?

#22     Mar 28, 2003
  3. msfe

msfe

i have more than an inkling of the suffering of the Iraqi people - courtesy of CNN and other "embedded" sources of wisdom

#23     Mar 28, 2003
  4. Babak

Babak

That's not an inkling, that spectatorship. Unless you have got experience, you aint got shit.

I would bet my last dollar that all the namby pamby idiots who advocate appeasement of Saddam have never had any hardships in their lives.

You look into people's eyes who have lived in a police state and you see the dispair, you see the pain. The suffering of having family members go missing without explanation is etched in their faces.

We in the West are so soft it is sad. There are people in this world who would give their life for a chance to live as we do. With the opportunities and freedoms that we have.

Those who have everything but do not understand the plight of Iraqis and other similar people make me sick. The 'protestors' who wear designer clothes and go out to demonstrate against a war that is welcome and desired by Iraqi people make me sick.

I am very glad each day I wake up and breath as a free human being that scum like you does not have the power to make decisions.

All you can do is buzz around those that do and pester them like mosquitoes. Pester the very same people who have provided you with the freedom to voice your opinions and live afterwards.

I would recommend you either shut the fuck up or put your money where your mouth is and go and visit a police state. Any will do. You don't have to go to Iraq.

Go to Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Cuba, etc. Then come back and will hear you out.

I don't believe for a minute you would though. Such a trip would weak havoc with your manicure appointments.

#24     Mar 28, 2003
  5. Just what exactly have you done over the past umpteen years of Saddam's regime to lessen the suffering of the Iraqi citizens?

#25     Mar 28, 2003
  6. msfe

msfe

#26     Mar 29, 2003

7. Okay Babak. I admit I was born into an upper class family; pampered and protected. Is that my fault?

Do you really think it has permanently impaired my ability to evaluate self-serving foreign policy when I see it?

Which of us is really wearing blinkers?

Do you really think this a war to liberate Iraqis?

Your government never ONCE considered the plight the Iraqis during the 80s when Saddam was considered a friend. Turning around now and calling this a war of liberation if an affront to common sensibility everywhere! The sad this is it appears to have worked -- suckers like you are lapping it up.

I understand that there is suffering in the world. I have never for one minute claimed that it's a "fair" world.
    You seem to think it's your nation's responsibility to police the world and stamp out suffering, right? I couldn't disagree more.

If you choose to turn a blind eye to all the suffering your government has CAUSED, either directly or indirectly, that is your choice. I would, and do, call you a hypocrite for it.

#27     Mar 29, 2003
  8. msfe

msfe

alfonso,

what´s the point in "discussing" this matter with a person resorting to "arguments" like above ?

if i can trust my eyes it´s America that´s proudly using weapons of mass destruction against the defenseless and starved Iraqi civil population, killing women and children by the dozens.

"good vs. evil" - "smoke ´em out of their caves" - "for the sake of peace"

Spectre orange

Nearly 30 years after the Vietnam war, a chemical weapon used by US troops is still exacting a hideous toll on each new generation. Cathy Scott-Clark and Adrian Levy report

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,923715,00.html

#28     Mar 29, 2003
  9. Yes, permanently impaired. Until you have been both poor and rich, both captive and free, have suffered severely and had bliss, you can't truly understand both sides of the equation. You have not really lived a full life yet.

At best you could listen to both sides of an issue before you come to a conclusion, but I wager that you have never been objective without bias to begin with. My guess is that you were likely born with a politically biased, left wing liberal spoon in your mouth.....or are in the midst of a rebellious stage of youth against a very conservative parent.

You are so black and white in your perspectives, it is clear that you are unable to see clearly the shades of gray that permeate foreign policy.

You are like a boy who has never married, yet full of very strong opinions on marriage. Married men, divorced men will laugh at your foolishness diatribes on marriage and how it "should" be.

#29     Mar 29, 2003
  10. Babak

Babak

Look, I don't have anything against you personally. All I am doing is pointing out to you that you have no idea what hell the Iraqis are going through and that because of this they want this war. They need this war. It is the only way they can be free of Saddam and able to determine their own destiny.

If you have seen no hardship, then you can not understand the situation. It is extremely easy to sit back and throw around big words like 'US hegemony' and 'US imperialism' without realizing that the truth is very different.

History has shown the US to be one of the most benevolent countries to both its own people and to vanquished enemies. They entered WWII and freed Europe. They set up democracies and left. They went into Japan, rebuilt the country giving them everything from technology, a constitution and even Deming.

I've spoken to a green grocer here in town who is Iraqi and although he is very worried about his family, he knows that the US is not going in there to kill civilians. If that was their intention they would have easily levelled cities to rubble within 24 hours. He is a cocktail of emotions, hopeful, fearful, angry, and resigned. What he is not is against the war.

Now if people like that are for the war. That is people who have a vested interest, who the hell are you to sit back in a cushy environment provided by your family and not your own efforts and throw platitudes at the US?

#30     Mar 29, 2003