People In Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Mar 28, 2003.

1. You should check again....the WAR never ended ...it was a cease fire.....We stopped attacking provided he give up any and all arms of wmds and agreed to inspections and produce records of all his wmds......that was also why the no fly zone was continually enforced as part of the ongoing cease fire...so check again son.

#11     Mar 28, 2003
  2. Oh, you must be referring to that UN brokered cease fire.

#12     Mar 28, 2003
  3. listen candle.....i know it's you becaus eonly candle would speand all day exchanging barbs with me...any other newbie would have left long ago...:D

#13     Mar 28, 2003
  4. msfe

msfe

The forgotten Christians of Iraq

Ken Joseph concluded by saying, "The next few months are extremely critical as the plans for a post-Saddam Iraq are put together and the government and divisions of authority are being decided. Anything less than an independent state for the Assyrian Christians could very well result in another blood bath that could see the last of the major Christian communities in the Middle East gone forever."

http://sundaymagazine.org/Topstory6.ihtml

#14     Mar 28, 2003
  5. No offense, and I do not agree at all with the tactics of raping and pillaging that disgruntled Iraqis are so fond of, but Kuwait was arbitrarily taken from iraq when the Brits divided the region 100 years ago, so theoretically, that land is just as much theirs as is most of the US to native americans, even though the rest of the world fails to recognize it. I disagree with the invasion of Kuwait, but I understand the argument behind it.

Plus the Kuwaitis were in fact side-drilling oil out of Iraq in the early '80's, and Iraq initially sought a diplomatic solution, complaining formally to many other countries, none of which gave a rats ass about their problem (including us). So they sought a more "pre-emptive" solution, and guess what, the rest of the world disagreed with it. But they did it anyway, despite protests from the UN, US, and the rest of the international community. And in the long run it cost them dearly.

I hate saddam and his band of pikers as much as everyone else does, but what did you expect them to do??? Just like the top priority of the US is to protect against more terrorist attacks, the top priority of the Iraqis (like it or not) is to keep us out of their country. And I can't help thinking that American forces should have estimated what the Iraqis would do if we invaded, and I can't help thinking that since part of the rationale for unseating saddam was the way he treats his people, that maybe more should have been done to protect the civilians from the iraqi army and secret police during the invasion.

#15     Mar 28, 2003
  6. Actually (I'm not candle), I just have a morbid fascination with seeing what new absurdity your going to bring up in your replies.

It's fun.

But I must say, I certainly don't intend to waste this much time verbal ping pong with such an recalcitrant as yourself (or Comp) again in the near future.

#16     Mar 28, 2003
  7. It should be becoming increasingly clear that that was just something the Bush camp has been selling to the mindless masses; the plight of Joe Baghdad was never part of the Bush rationale.

#17     Mar 28, 2003

8. Glad to hear about your morbid fascination but im through with you anyway....don't get me wrong, i still hope you have a car accident tonight, but BUNGRIDER has just logged on and we have unfinished business to take care of.....have a great weekend in the ICU and hopefully we'll talk again when the bones heal up....

Ok Bung, I got take you up on this justification of the invasion of Kuwait....100 years ago your house was probably owned by Indians so would it be ok if a pack of Apaches came into your house, raped your family, took your family treasures and threw you out? Obviously not so please don't try and justify their invasion. it was unprovoked and WAS ABOUT THE OIL.:D

#18     Mar 28, 2003
  9. And again we have history repeating...

#19     Mar 28, 2003

10. You're dropping me?

Ok TMy! *blowing you a kiss* :D

#20     Mar 28, 2003