People In Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Impressions can be deceiving though, can't they. I'm sure a great thinker like you would be well aware of that.

FYI, yes, it would seem that I'm "too young" to have "undergone some great philosophical awakening or transformation", however I grew up very differently to most children.

I was born into a family well off enough to provide private tutorship and parents concerned enough about shaping my young mind that they actively used one. Also, my eldest brother took it upon himself to see that I was taught to think and not just learn rote the mechanical tools.

I was also heavily exposed to laissez-faire capitalist ideology, and, whilst I disagree with much of its dogma, I would venture to guess I have a firmer grasp of it than the majority of those who laud it.

I am certainly not indifferent to human suffering, not at all. On the contrary, it is from a deep desire to see a better, fairer world that I am compelled to denounce the actions of the US (in the international arena), both those of the past and those of the current.

PS - If you'd actually slowed down to read what I wrote about the suicide bombers, you'd have noticed that the only thing I mentioned was that it requires great courage to give your life for a cause you believe in, regardless of the nature of the cause, or why you support it. Unless you're suggesting that suicide bombers cannot be discussed without including a maudlin preamble, I can't see how those comments could be construed as dismissive.

#111     Apr 2, 2003

2. LOL. you aren't doing this very well, maybe you should find another line of work.

#112     Apr 2, 2003
  3. Thank you LongShot, I'll take that to mean you agree they require denounciation then?

#113     Apr 2, 2003
  4. Babak

Babak

you forgot to throw 'Zionist' in the pot :D

#114     Apr 2, 2003
  5. I'm sure you do :p

#115     Apr 2, 2003
  6. msfe

msfe

you´re right - sorry for my forgetiveness

#116     Apr 2, 2003
  7. ...never ceases to amaze me how everytime you open your mouth shit manages to dribble out....how is this possible?? Do you just hang around gay bath houses in paris offering your mouth as depository????

#117     Apr 2, 2003
  8. Babak

Babak

its alright, as well you might want to use the following:

dogs
    sick dogs
    crusaders
    criminals
    killers
    invaders
    snake

etc.

It is much easier to parrot Baath party officials than to use the grey matter between your ears.

#118     Apr 3, 2003