People do not 'learn from their mistakes'

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by 4XQs, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Please - You really going to start follow me around and make these type of remarks?

I know you don't have time for a dumbass redneck - so now we both agree

#31     Aug 12, 2009
  2. I believe I commented on this thread before you sir.

Plus I was only asking questions. KISS is a good foundation. Without a foundation, we would crumble. But once the foundation is in place, refining the approach can increase profitability. Only making that point is all.

PS I only used the "more intelligent" comment because you said your simple mindedness can ONLY see things that way.

"I being a simple minded person – can trade no other way"

#32     Aug 12, 2009
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Fair enough

Btw – interpretation is best left to those who can

#33     Aug 12, 2009
  4. I do not agree. in those years of trading, I learned to honour my stop loss. I learned not to average down a loser. I learned to give up my ego, be humble and accept the fact I could not beat the market every time.

#34     Aug 12, 2009
  5. You're a big fan of adding to your quotes later on? The last two involving me both have been updated. Is this because a redneck is slow in getting what he wants to say, out?

#35     Aug 12, 2009
  6. The character of a man is easily seen by what he writes, even though he may not know it.

To think that one can be smarter than another is the sign of an ignoramus.

Matter it not what others do, say or have, but matter it most what one does for oneself.

Personally, I tend to not give tuppence about what others make or lose, as long as I am happy with my lot.

Adequate is sufficient, excess can easily be diverted towards those who are in need most.

Bernie was a big thinker as well, and those who were not capable of thinking for themselves have paid the ultimate price, as Bernie has now done so himself.

Honesty is always the best policy and as long as a person is honest he/she will have nothing to fear.

"Always tell the truth and you will never have to worry about what you said", Einstein I believe?

#36     Aug 12, 2009
  7. Do you own stock in Hallmark?

#37     Aug 12, 2009
  8. heypa

heypa

Reinforce your good habits. Not your bad ones.
    If you don't plan your trip you will get there anyway. You just won't like the destination.

#38     Aug 12, 2009
  9. No, but my wife has some expensive gold jewelery with funny markings on same.

#39     Aug 12, 2009
  10. elit5314

elit5314

quote from focusonmoney:

>>>>Most people do not have the mind control to stop repeating the same mistakes even if they learn from them.. I have learn from many of my mistakes but somehow I will repeat them over and over.. Does this sound familiar?<<<<

its like smoking, smokers know its bad for health yet they continue to smoke, why?
    same way traders continue to make simple mistakes and lose like a habitual smoker, why.?

could it be because they think that they can afford it?

#40     Aug 12, 2009