People asking what you earn, how do you handle?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taclander, Sep 19, 2010.

1. doesn't anyone find my comment very funny?

looked at it about 10 times since, myself, laughed LOL everytime

isn't this the retail lament..:confused:

#11     Sep 20, 2010
  2. can i get an LOL from anybody :confused:

#12     Sep 20, 2010
  3. Spot on post. There is an art to this but since you already told him you trade do this. Next time he is close strike a wooden match off of his piker forehead and light up a fresh $20 cuban..

Rennick out:cool:

#13     Sep 20, 2010
  4. Tom B

Tom B

"Don't ask me about my business."
    --Michael Corleone

#14     Sep 20, 2010
  5. No! :p

#15     Sep 20, 2010
  6. I have this problem all the time...

They continually ask me what I do 'for a living' and I tell them I manage my Real Estate; so they ask me what I do and I tell them I'm a landlord and generate passive income; so they ask me what I do and I tell them I swing trade the markets; so they ask me what I do and i tell them i play MMO's; so they ask me if i'm unemployed... I say yes, it sucks.

#16     Sep 20, 2010
  7. Cassie

Cassie

nutmeg- you're hilarious...

I was always taught it is very rude to ask someone how much they make at whatever it is that they do for a living.

I agree w PA you should have just changed the subject. I am self-employed and I have so many people put me down for it, but really, I can see the look of jealousy in their eyes when I tell them about making my own hours and no asshole boss to answer to.

Most people are just haters these days, because their jobs and lives suck...

#17     Sep 21, 2010