people are trading for a living?????

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ADX_trader, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Publias

Publias Guest

Bro if you are gonna come, COME heavy!

George Bernard Shaw; to show the inconsistency of the English Language...

the gh = f as in rouGH
    the o = i as in wOmen
    the ti = sh as in naTIon

English is NOT phonetic.. It is inconsistent :)

PEACE and I want my check sent immediately!

what odds did I have?????

#31     Aug 26, 2002
  2. The truth is that 90% of doctors and laywers make lousy traders.

#32     Aug 26, 2002
  3. Publias

Publias Guest

90% of humans make lousy traders also! Lawyers don't always fit in that category so we will say 89.8% to exclude them from the sample :D

#33     Aug 26, 2002
  4. rs7

rs7

My young friend, you are right on top. George Bernard Shaw!!! Exactly.
    Odds: you were 1:99, I knew you would know. I just put you as a quinella bet to get you motivated. Besides, Don B. wasn't on line. Entries should have not been allowed until a specified time.

OK. here's an exotic one:
    You are walking over a narrow railroad trestle.
    You are 3/8 across the trestle, and you hear a train coming.
    If you go back to the beginning of the trestle, you will get hit by the train right at the first tie. If you go to the end of the trestle, you will get hit by the train at the last tie. You are walking at 8 mph. How fast is the train going?

(I got this one pretty quick...less than 5 minutes. If you get it, I will come at you REALLY HEAVY)

RS7

#34     Aug 26, 2002
  5. Publias

Publias Guest

Im gonna have to go with 30mph :confused:

#35     Aug 26, 2002
  6. Too fast ..

#36     Aug 26, 2002
  7. Publias

Publias Guest

:D

#37     Aug 26, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

Good answer. But not accurate enough.

Now I am admittedly not the brightest guy here. As of this moment, there are 12,798 members. Of these, probably 12,796 are smarter than me and Fasterpussycat who are tied for last. But still, I figured this one out in my head while driving (my friend gave it to me on my cell phone while on my way to the golf course).

Same odds for the same people as "ghoti"...except for unfair advantage to those on line as opposed to those not.

So Get With It! (So I can give you the hard one, which my dad gave me so many years ago, it's embarrasing....I still haven't gotten the answer). And I know there are two solutions to it. But I can't get one.

:)Rs7

#38     Aug 26, 2002
  9. Publias

Publias Guest

Its not 30?

#39     Aug 26, 2002
  10. rs7

rs7

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name. (sorry, old joke, and I am married to a lawyer, so I know them all).

:)RS7

#40     Aug 26, 2002