people are trading for a living?????

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ADX_trader, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Publias

Publias Guest

Last year I netted 37.8 ES pts per day and grew my 5k to 500000k in 12months and then took that money and bought my fav Van Gogh which is Cafe de Terrace (as well as porsche, a house for my parents and 5mil to charity)

The first 1/2 of this year I netted a little over 93pts per day and being that I had a considerable jump in size due to last years Aphex caliber performance I had enough to buy Starry Night...

So 2 total! -----> Myself and Tntneo :)

PEACE and good trading my friend,
    Publias

#21     Aug 26, 2002
  2. good post..interesting concept. i'd be happy to make 10% a month.

#22     Aug 26, 2002
  3. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

LOL publias !!! :D
    I hope others don't get the wrong impression (I know publias is kidding) :
    I don't believe in high rate performance. That's the recipe to wipe out soup.
    I choose low performance and super reliability anyday against high performance.

consistency is the key, not performance.
    when you get consistency, you will get all the funding you want (and profits). seeking high performance to compensate and get the profit you want usually does not work, at least not long term.

tntneo

#23     Aug 26, 2002
  4. rs7

rs7

This is exactly right. Everyone here talks about making 100% plus a year. The good ones make over 1% a day! The mediocre only 10% a month.

Make a legitimate consistent 25% a year, and you will have them lined up at your door to give you money.

It's all about numbers. The arithmetic I read about on this site sometimes staggers me.

Publias, make sure you grab a da Vinci as soon as you can. The Van Goghs are nice, but still, I think your bang for the buck is with Leonardo. Michelangelos are are good with me too!

:)RS7

#24     Aug 26, 2002
  5. Publias

Publias Guest

Well in 99' due primarily to the bubble I was able to achieve 33,356% on my 3 accounts in just short months... so I went out and got myself Dali's Swans Reflecting Elaphants... 22 large but it sure was worth every penny!

#25     Aug 26, 2002
  6. rs7

rs7

Save your money. Don't buy stuff by guys that haven't been dead at least 400 years. You never know when these newbies will go out of fashion. I shorted a few Picassos last week, and cleaned up on some Gauguins a few months back also on the short side. Speaking of short side, stay away from TOULOUSE-LAUTREC!

:)rs7

PS: Careful with your spelling. MrSubliminal busted me on mine. Elaphants? Believe me, you don't want MrSubliminal to get on your case. It was a painful experience, trust me.

#26     Aug 26, 2002
  7. ChrisM

ChrisM

#27     Aug 26, 2002
  8. ChrisM,

If you are a trader and can make money consistently, you probably due your homework and adjust and fine-tune your system on a constant basis -- just like doctors will practice their skills before going in and working on someone's brain (hopefully not mine anytime soon).

I make it a habit to write a report in the morning about the previous day's activity, an analysis of all trend-cycles and then, at the end of the day, I will review every trade and ask myself what I could have done to make it better.

I've done this so many times and looked at so many graphs my entire life, that I frequently have dreams where I am trading.

The end result is that I constantly do better as a trader, I constantly know the "color" of the market (taken from a personal favorite analyst while before congress) and I never ever predict where the market will go -- I let the market take me where it wants to go.

All in all, trading comes down to the very basics of understand the market pulse, sentiment, trend and keeping abreast of current macroeconomic conditions.

Don't ever think trading is a "cheap job," because those of us who take it seriously put just as much effort and due diligence into it as any lawyer or doctor.

aphie

#28     Aug 26, 2002
  9. Publias

Publias Guest

hey man this is message board not spelling be... could care less how unedumacated I come across! I am :)

#29     Aug 26, 2002
  10. rs7

rs7

Of corse yoo arr rite. I lawst my hed.

a QIUZ.....

HOW DOES "GHOTI" SPELL "FISH"? (this really works)

Open to the ET Elite spelling public!

Morning line favorites:
    Darkhorse, Babak, MrSub, and Nitro.

In a quinella, gotta wheel Don B., Magna, and Publias, Baron, Rigel, and Tripack.

In a trifecta, gotta give the nod to my childhood friend, Fasterpussycat. And obviously, Daniel_M, who is my favorite longshot. Stardust and Mirage actually had him as an early favorite (in an entry with Nitro). Mirage also had Bone at 7-2 and Vladiator at an impressive 4-1, which ain't bad for an immigrant:).

My personal pick, defying the morning line: Don B., who has figured out everything else:)

:)Rs7

#30     Aug 26, 2002