People are positioned badly again ahead of Fed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by detective, Jan 29, 2008.

1. I agree, the serious point swings are great for all the daytraders who like to capture volatility and who are not afraid to enter either side, reverse, or loose.

This is an excellent market for risk takers, on both the swing trades and the "day trading".

Sucks for the 401 Jocks. They may have to watch all their "Gains", washed away by a down ward draft, gains from 1999.

#21     Jan 29, 2008
  2. Yeah I agree. I don't even contribute to my 401K.

#22     Jan 29, 2008
  3. That wasnt his point he was just pointing out the fact that there are so many pikers on here that dont trade. The market has fallen more than 10% so if you were still bullish you would have had plenty of op to get long. The thing is if the market did fall again the guy wouldnt buy then come and whine about how he is looking for a buying opportunity.

#23     Jan 29, 2008
  4. Detective,

you say people are positioned badly ahead of the fed meeting. How do you know this? Hedge funds are usually secretive about their strategies and positions. I find it interesting that you know what their positions are and what they are going to do.

#24     Jan 29, 2008
  5. I do
    then converit immediately to a fund in wrap contracts
    then trade off it

#25     Jan 29, 2008
  6. Hedge funds are like sheep. I don't need to know what all of them are doing. I do know what a small sample of them are doing, and that is getting long financials and retailers after viewing the action last Tuesday and Wednesday as a bottom and holding on hoping that the Fed will come to the rescue and help them cut their losses on a horrible month. I am sure many are doubling down here ahead of the Fed and looking for a home run to get themselves out of the hole. Look for the market to fade slightly as we get closer and closer to the announcement as some of the trade unwinding begins.

#26     Jan 30, 2008
  7. Now the only question that remains is whether you're capitalized enough to be right...

#27     Jan 30, 2008
  8. High Five if you paid attention.

Read em and weep if you're short.

#28     Jan 30, 2008
  9. Free money! Thanks, Helicopter Ben!

What a tool.

#29     Jan 30, 2008