People Are Finally Figuring Out: Austerity is Stupid

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Apr 28, 2012.

1. I agree. The 1% has devastated the world economy with their free money for all ponzi scheme.

#11     Apr 29, 2012
  2. You know, if you make more than $34,000 per year, you are the top 1% in the world.

#12     Apr 29, 2012
  3. I dunno.

My father was born in a pile of smoking rubble, along with hundreds of millions of others, and spent his youth scrounging cigarette butts and boiling shoe leather.

My boy was born in a shiny hospital with all the mod cons, and spends his youth playing video games, eating Lays and riding around on his quad.

That entire transformation occurred under the watchful all seeing eye of the US Fed.

Frankly, humanity could use a lot more "devestation" of that kind.

#13     Apr 29, 2012
  4. Banjo

Banjo

5. This is one reason-I believe- why the Fed. just ignores illegals.
    Little do the illegals know that they are indentureing their future
    offspring to crushing debt burdens, courtesy of the current
    generation.

#15     Apr 29, 2012
  6. That's a sobering statistic. I bet that most of the Occupy Wall Street protesters probably earn enough to be part of the 1% they are protesting against.

#16     Apr 30, 2012
  7. $34,000/yr to the rest of the world = $250,000/yr in the U.S..

It appears the Citizens of Rock Ridge need to make such low standard comparisons to justify their meager existences.

#17     Apr 30, 2012
  8. piezoe

piezoe

The U.S. is not very democratic at the Federal level (only one branch of government is elected democratically!), though local city governments tend to be democratic. And the U.S. is most definitely not a "social democracy".

You're probably confusing entitlements with "social" spending. Social Security has only a minor social element, and medicare virtually none. Medicaid is a social program of course.

#18     Apr 30, 2012
  9. the estimated year when Social Security Disability goes broke has been moved up to 2016!

If your outgo exceeds your income your upkeep is your downfall..

#19     Apr 30, 2012
  10. It appears the masses are having trouble keeping up with the inflation of the numbers.

it's a numbers game.

#20     May 1, 2012