"Pentagon plans bomb blitz on Iran's nuclear sites"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lights, Feb 12, 2006.

1. you must be long gold !

:p

2. Nope. Disclaimer: I am not long gold.
    Just want a discussion is all, stuck here at home this Sunday morning 20 degrees out and got 12 inches of snow outside my front door.

3. gkishot

gkishot

You can help starting the discussion by offering your opinion on the subject.

4. Military conflict, international sanctions and disruption of oil supply is inevitable. Just a function of time.

5. wabrew

wabrew

6. gkishot

gkishot

It means that the chances are the blitz plan is not going to work and it will become a long lasting conflict. But on the other hand Iranian president is very agressive in his rhetorics & he clearly & unfortenutely presents threat to the global security.

7. A former U.N. weapons inspector who said Iraq disarmed long before the U.S. invasion in 2003 is warning Americans to prepare for a war with Iran.

"We just don't know when, but it's going to happen," Scott Ritter said to a crowd of about 150 at the James A. Little Theater on Sunday night.

Ritter described how the U.S. government might justify war with Iran in a scenario similar to the buildup to the Iraq invasion. He also argued that Iran wants a nuclear energy program, and not nuclear weapons.

But the Bush administration, he said, refuses to believe Iran is telling the truth.

8. gkishot

gkishot

Why would Iran be looking simply for a nuclear energy ( I would say agressively looking for nuclear energy with their new president since the first thing he did after being elected was to remove the UN seals ) while other countries with less fuel resourses ( but also less agressive policies) are content with buying the oil from Iran & are not seeking for the nuclear energies instead. Something is not right here.

9. Maybe Iran would prefer to sell their oil to us dumb westerners for $60 / bbl instead of burning it to create electricity.

#10     Feb 12, 2006