Pentagon has the power to ENABLE new economy, new civilization

Discussion in 'Politics' started by poorLIKE95%, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Speaking of Stirling engines....
    Dean Kamen and his team in New Hampshire could solve our water and electricity needs for the next 500 years if we gave him a couple spare billion. Hell, he might do it anyways just to prove a point.

Google the name Dean Kamen.

#31     Oct 18, 2009
  2. #32     Oct 18, 2009
  3. Lethn

Lethn

lol The oil agenda is all that's keeping people from learning properly about the alternatives, they happily use all money available to them to stomp any thought about alternative energies etc. themselves.

In fact from what I've read Solar Panels have actually been improved now to the point that they can harvest energy from radiated light as opposed to direct sunlight so they can keep working even when it's winter. The technology is already here, people just have to wake up and stop sniffing oil.

#33     Oct 18, 2009
  4. jprad

jprad

There is no spoon...

#34     Oct 18, 2009
  5. jprad

jprad

Eh?

You might want to go back and read the hype leading up to the release of the Segway and see how that's turned out at "revolutionizing" personal transportation.

#35     Oct 18, 2009
  6. pspr

pspr

No, ET is just a backup source. Congress is their main source of hot air. All the free energy man could ever want.

#36     Oct 18, 2009
  7. Fractal

Fractal

Cold, it's time for you to cease creating aliases on ET, log off, and seek the support of your local psychiatrist.

#37     Oct 18, 2009
  8. Later, a mushroom goes into that same bar and the bartender tells him "we don't serve your kind". The mushroom shrugs and says, "why not, I'm a fun-gi"

#38     Oct 18, 2009
  9. maxpi

maxpi

uhh, yeah, I recalculated that, approx 60 miles on a side square would do it... 3600 square miles of stirling engines and some million volt lines piping it out... and we don't know if they really tried to use every square foot of their 4500 acre site... The entire Mojave Desert is 25,000 square miles so it's about 15% of the Mojave, the entire Sonoran Desert is 120,000 square miles so it takes 3% of the Sonoran Desert... it would be a big project, think Panama Canal.. but it should be done in the very hottest part of the Sonoran Desert, nothing at all nearly lives there so it would have low impact on the environment and the hotter the area the more energy you get.. you could throw in electric cars and be oil independent by making it larger... California is on track, or was at one point, to be 20% green powered in a couple of years. Wind can't do that, largely it depends on solar projects in the Mojave Desert...

If houses could all be fitted with solar panels we could forget about the infrastructure too but for the average homeowner the expense makes it not enticing to do that currently I guess...

Europe is going into the North African Desert with Stirling Engines to produce green electricity...

#39     Oct 18, 2009
  10. Sad - GTS and Maxpi must be "younger"!!!! Back in "my day" (college from '85-'89) we had a comedian named Sam Kinison who had a bit about "living in the desert and some African residents" He said, "We have deserts, we just don't live in them!!!" Does it REALLY matter how much desert we use?????

Best explained here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKNoJ2BzSRU

-gastropod

#40     Oct 18, 2009