Pentagon Bows To Muslim Pressure And Drops FranklIn Graham From Prayer Event

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Mav88

Mav88

It's amazing how the PC left bends over for muslims. It's amazing because muslims seek to create the very intolerant society the left claims it is trying to oppose. The left embraces people who would enslave all of us under sharia, all in the name of tolerance.

Look at the so called free thinker above. He is using bringing up the pedophile charge against catholics, however muslims openly condone pedophilia. I'd like to see free thinker try and do his free thinking openly in Saudi Arabia, then report back to us if he lives through it.

The left does not understand religion as they seem to lack understanding of many facets of human behavior. You cannot win the hearts and minds of people trained since childhood to mistrust and hate everything nonmuslim. They may let you think you have some sort of friendship, but the second you come into conflict with their religion they will unapologetically throw you under the bus.

Islam should be opposed in the very same way we oppose fascism. The goals are the same, conquer and control. Their values are completely at odds with western civilization. We took hundreds of years to tame christianity, now we invite in another primitive and violent religion.

why?

#21     Apr 24, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

You seriously need to read this article. "Islam" is not all one thing as you seem to believe.

http://www.wilsonquarterly.com/article.cfm?aid=1565

No, I'm not defending the fundamentalists. Read.

#22     Apr 24, 2010
  3. i will help you understand better. i have no no respect for any religion. they are all devised by men as a way to control the minds of men. islam is the worst of the lot because of its violence.

i dont pick on islam much because there are no muslims on here claiming their god is the way and without their god you go to hell. if there were i would have some tough questions for them too. i wish there were, it would be entertaining debating one of them.

that being said if we are a nation where there is freedom of religion then all have to be treated equally. if christians want a government sponsored day of prayer then to be fair we have to give the muslims a day and the jews a day and the wiccans a day and on and on. since no one wants that the only right thing to do is have no government sponsored religious days period.

#23     Apr 24, 2010
  4. mav is right. islam is a barbaric religion that lives on domination of women. there is a reason there are no democratic islamic states. it should be eradicatedfrom the earth. it would not be possible to do it with military might but i believe it can someday be educated out of the minds of men.
    it happened with christianity. in the more educated affluent parts of the world christianity is dying out.

#24     Apr 24, 2010
  5. Mav88

Mav88

Ricter,

It just shows you that two people can see the same thing and have different conclusions.

The article paints a rather bleak picture of the Islamic world. Indonesia and Turkey are the 'shining examples'? Indonesia is very violent and Turkey has a lot of political strife.

Fundamentalist religion is not something to mess with. These guys hard wire their kids minds with intolerance. I used to go to pentacostal church (because of my ex), I have seen it first hand. Religion goes right for the brain stem and uses people's fears. It cannot be appeased or reasoned with. The west needs to leave muslims in the ME and leave them to evolve as they want to. Having large numbers of muslims is nothing but trouble, check out France and Sweden.

#25     Apr 24, 2010
  6. in principle i agree. we dont need that islamic crap here. but we have laws that demand equil treatment of religions. the only answer is to be a secular nation.

sadam was able to keep islam under control in iraq because he was a secular leader.

#26     Apr 24, 2010
  7. Mav88

Mav88

Sweden is conducting the dangerous experiment we can all watch. By somthing like 2048 it will be majority Islam, I wonder what exactly will happen. Chances are it will not be good.

Turkey is the most secular of Islamic nations, I still would not want to live there.

Secular rule is indeed the best, but I think Bush was arrogant and stupid to think we could impose it on Iraq and all would be just fine. Let them figure it out on their own and shed their own blood.

#27     Apr 24, 2010
  8. the wars of george bush have strengthened the hold of islam on the world. we were doomed when he said this:
    "I believe that Islam is a great religion that preaches peace," George W. Bush

#28     Apr 24, 2010
  9. Mav88

Mav88

I still want Bin Laden dead, sometimes you just have to damn the consequences. I want him dead then I want out. Won't happen.

#29     Apr 24, 2010
  10. You keep repeating variations of this as though it is self-evidently accurate, but it is not. I fully realize that most liberals feel this way and the government tends to act this way, but it is neither supported by our historical traditions or constitution.

I am quite certain the Founders would have been astonished by the notion that they could not honor God in public events without having to extend the same recognition to muslims, wiccans et al. Furthermore, even the most liberal and misguided Supreme Court decisions on religion do not require absolute even-handedness.

One way to avoid the difficcult questions is your way, eg ban all govenrment involvement or recognition of any religion. That would mark a radical departure from our traditions however. The more reasonable approach is to grant the politicla branches of government considerable leeway to accommodate religious practices and traditions, but restrict them from dictating religious belief or establishing a national religion.

#30     Apr 24, 2010