Pentagon Bows To Muslim Pressure And Drops FranklIn Graham From Prayer Event

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Please refrain from asking questions that are rhetorical. Apologists from the radical left don't like it when the obvious is stated in such damning fashion.:eek:

#11     Apr 23, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

If you're going to paint all Islam with one brush you will not be able to see any detail. As for the other preachers, etc., I may comment on those when there is a pertinent thread about them.

#12     Apr 23, 2010
  3. =================
    My remarks are limited to the approximate 10% of fanatic Muslims;
    about 100 million fanatics,
    out of a total of approximate 1 billion.

Yes the fanatics occasionaly say something good, but they lie like a Persian rug & act like the Fort Hood shooter.

Col Collins said '' all inclusive military'';
    sounds like that was true at Ford Hood killings-include any Muslims.

I am for our military & Reverend Franklin Graham . But Islam is not a religion of peace;
    and radar does not work in hailstorms.

We all have a lot to learn;
    radar did not pick up the deadly volcano ash/fine rock,FOX news noted.

:cool:

#13     Apr 23, 2010
  4. With this administration, who knows, but the obvious answer is that such a statement would be a lie and easily provable as such. No Christian leader condones child abuse, much less teaches it as religiously justified or required.

Plenty of muslim clerics teach terrorism and violence, subjugation of women, killing of apostates, etc as not only justified but mandatory for muslims. Maybe they are the radical fringe, but you very rarely hear any "mainstream" muslim leaders challenge them.

#14     Apr 23, 2010
  5. have you heard of any mainstream christian leaders call for the pope to resign for his coverups of the priest child rapists? neither have i.

#15     Apr 23, 2010
  6. When the administration acts like islam is above criticsm, isn't that what they're doing?

#16     Apr 23, 2010
  7. You are assuming he was involved in a coverup. It's far from clear that is true. He himself has issued stern denunciations of priestly misconduct, as have the leaders of the U.S. Catholic church. No one is defending it.

I don't see why protestant religious leaders would be expected to get involved in an internal Catholic matter. It's not like they condone the misconduct either, and I'm sure plenty of them have condemend it. The one prominent minister who I am aware of having really criticized the Catholic Church is John Hagee. He was excoriated during the presidential campaign for it because he endorsed McCain. So as I said, there is no winning with liberals.

#17     Apr 23, 2010
  8. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

There's always the option of having representatives from various faiths come together in an ecumenical fashion to lead a prayer event. One would only have to make sure that no leader openly disparaged another religion in the past without recanting.

Problem solved if one must have a prayer event.

What's the big deal if Rev. Graham can't attend? Is there no one who can replace him? Surely there is.

What if Rev Wright (Obama's former pastor) was invited then dis-invited considering his past anti-American rhetoric? I'm sure the OP would have applauded the move.

#18     Apr 23, 2010
  9. so crimes like rape and aiding and abetting rape are only internal catholic matters now?

#19     Apr 23, 2010
  10. How many Jews serving in today's U.S. military?

#20     Apr 23, 2010