Penson - What's this all about?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jackpearson, May 21, 2012.

1. At least you guys don't have all your eggs in one basket. Are you moving all your clients away from Penson and to your other clearing relationships. If not, why?

#41     May 28, 2012
  2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

No. It's not my place to tell our clients which prime broker to use. They make the choice because of the their situation and where their business can be accommodated. You're making the assumption they can do what every they need to do anywhere. That's just not true. Each broker has it's strengths and weaknesses.

#42     May 28, 2012
  3. That's like a guy who has a daughter who is dating a psychopath that has a good job. He has his strengths (a good earner) and his weaknesses ... he kills puppies on Tuesday and tortures the weak on Thursdays!

#43     May 28, 2012
  4. zdreg

zdreg

you sound like a borderline psychopath.

#44     May 28, 2012
  5. zdreg

zdreg

"No. It's not my place to tell our clients which prime broker to use. "

what is your role?

#45     May 28, 2012
  6. zdreg

zdreg

why do you keep pushing penson when the market price is saying they are going bankrupt?

#46     May 29, 2012
  7. Morse,

I assume you are actively trying to either replace Penson or at least have a backup ready so that replacing them as one of your clearing firms will be easier? Or will you just deal with their successor if they go bye bye?

#47     May 29, 2012
  8. trendo

trendo

FWIW, I got this email from Penson today. (I'm sure there are others on this site who got the same notice.)

As you may know, Penson Worldwide, Inc. announced today that it has agreed to sell certain assets and liabilities of the futures division of its subsidiary Penson Financial Services, Inc. (“Penson Futures”) to Knight Execution & Clearing Services LLC ...In connection with this transaction, as of the close of business May 31, 2012, Penson Futures will assign your customer agreement to Knight and will also transfer your positions, segregated funds, 30.7 secured funds (if any) and trading account to Knight. Beginning June 1, 2012, your futures account will be held by Knight

#48     May 30, 2012
  9. high99

high99

So a happy ending for futures traders. :p

#50     May 30, 2012