Penson still is working on correcting everyone's 1099's? Has anyone else heard that?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jackpearson, Apr 11, 2012.

1. It's April 11.

The 1099-B's still are being adjusted & haven't even been mailed out yet?

Has anyone else heard this?

2. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I received mine about a month ago.

Who told you they were being adjusted?

3. gaj

gaj

penson did.

one of my penson brokers changed the date several times for when penson would be sending out corrected 1099s. at least one of those corrected 1099s was wrong, according to penson, who sent out a corrrected-again 1099.

4. I talked to another Penson broker & they said some are being changed & some aren't.

Wasn't all this supposed to be done by now?

April 11th.

sheesh......

5. my penson 1099 through MB Trading is a disaster...i just gave up trying to reconcile it. I have so many thousands of trades, this is just a nightmare. Trying to figure out where the discrepencies are is almost impossible.

I spot check all my short equities trades and every single one is wrong...i stopped there and will call them tomorrow.

6. Catoosa

Catoosa

The IRS is going to have a real good time reviewing and reconciling trader's schedule D for 2011 and forward. Congress should eliminate the IRS wash sell reporting requirements for simplicity. Congress is always out to try and bleed every dime out of their subjects. Their will be no positive changes for the American citizens short of filling Congress with a Libertarian majority.

7. What a joke. Same shit here.

Enough to send someone into a homicidal rage.

Then they ask the same typical dumbass question "oh, Why did this happen?"

8. ElCubano

ElCubano

I sent my in with my calculations not pensons, which was off by more than double my profits...