Penny stocks, where to find them?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by RestUnknown, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Hi all

Completely new here, with basically no knowledge on the stock market. But am reading to get some more into it.

I recently got some extra money that I can spare and am looking to invest it in some penny stocks like biotechnology to hope for the best.

I know this is a very risky sector and the money can go in a second, but like I said, I can miss the money and just want to give it a go for the heck of it.

The problem is, I don't know where to look for these kind of stocks? So I'm looking for sites that show companies that just started, or that show the news on these companies. It doesn't really have to be in the biotechnology, it can be anything. It's just I simply don't know where to start looking.

2. jharmon

jharmon

For every one that goes crazy, there are 1000 that don't. Sure you see the dude that says "I made X000% on this stock pick" but but you probably won't that dude.

Invest/trade wisely, not for the quick buck. Expect your journey to take multiple years with multiple failures and multiple "let's move back to square 1". If it doesn't, you are up for a massive failure and you won't even realize it is happening until you're down 90% wondering WTF happened. Stay small until you have real confidence you can trade bigger.

3. R1234

R1234

Go to profit.ly and look at the trade history and current trades of the Gurus.
    Those are usually the popular penny stocks du jour.

4. Have you considered equity crowd funding? In most cases you become an owner/member of the LLC and not only paeticipate in the profits (or losses) but also may be able to the tax advantages of business ownership as well.

5. qxr1011

qxr1011

If we don't have it - you do not need it (c) : save your money man, and forget about penny stocks.

6. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

DDAmanda can provide information if you happen to want to trade pennies.

There is another service if you’re looking for a scanner on price/momentum.
    But, you’ll have to give me time to find it again.

7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Oh I think if you find just the right site you will get unlimited "leads". Clickbait ads (which should tell you a lot) will follow you forever.