Penny Scalping/Liquidity/Rebate Traders - What Now?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Marc to Market, Apr 22, 2004.

1. psytrade - you still live with your mom don't you

#21     Apr 29, 2004
  2. tradeDawg, very bling bling username. Yo Dawg perhaps ya'll wanna tell me why I never get filled unless I be on the wrong side of the ghetto.

Ya my momma's like dat bitch in baby boy ya hear me?

#22     Apr 29, 2004
  3. i'll take that as a 'yes'

#23     Apr 30, 2004
  4. looking forward to more enlightening posts. This applies to my own, as yours.

Enjoy!

#24     Apr 30, 2004
  5. birdman

birdman

just how do trades go off at a partial penny

exp: today's chart for jdsu bid at 1.37 ask at 1.38 for quite a while

lots of trades at 1.37
    lots of trades at 1.38
    but nearly as many at 1.375
    or 1.377 or so, if i am reading the chart correctly

is it as simple as entering a oreder at 1.375 - can you do that

clue me in

#25     May 4, 2005
  6. geez, do you ever have anything productive to say steelhead, or do you just always talk shit??? :D :D :D

#26     May 4, 2005
  7. it beats trying to rip off partners on overrides :D Boss, how you been?

#27     May 4, 2005
  8. nugundam

nugundam

--------
    Well, i think its obvious don't you think? All these credit traders would be momentum traders as it would make sense to always enter the market with FOK. I mean if we didnt get the rebates then I'd always enter the market at just the exact moment I feel the level would break. That simple.

And for all those saying its impossible to do this type of trading thats total BS. If you look at SUNW, JDSU, SIRI, ADCT, CIEN, CNXT, etc. you'd notice that 90% of the time these stocks have a trading range. So if you think TA would help think again.

I think what one must realize is that even momentum stocks can act like credit stocks during certain days. ORCL is a perfect example today, a mere .12 spread.

#28     May 9, 2005

9. ORCL hasn't been a "momentum stock" since early 2001. :confused:

#29     May 9, 2005
  10. nugundam

nugundam

----------
    Well for discussion purposes I define only 2 types of stocks, momentum and credit stocks. Momentum stocks are those with larger spreads says .20 or more and credits, those with less than .10.

#30     May 9, 2005