Penny options with IB: Results?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Option Trader, Nov 19, 2006.

1. your order is to sell NO LOWER than .63. prolly a bug...get in touch with ib and sort it out.

#11     Nov 20, 2006
  2. tef8

tef8

I did contact IB!
    As stated they will not adjust trade!
    So be very cautious with penny pricing because it appears that your limit order turns to market if you try penny pricing on the wrong exchange!

That was my point & I believe I stated that I had already had discourse with IB.

fwiw they have never made a trade right.
    I'm sure I will get flamed for that but I don't care - it's true. TWS bug = you pay.

#12     Nov 20, 2006
  3. that bs, u placed a lmt order, if that's what happend they should make it up to u.

#13     Nov 20, 2006
  4. Unless IB is claiming that you should have done a trade bust within 20-30 minutes and failed, they don't have a leg to stand on.

But even with that, it was not your mistake. IB seemingly will have no choice but to credit you.

#14     Nov 20, 2006
  5. tef8

tef8

Just got off chat with the usually extremely rude customer "service" rep - No help!
    Had filed a trouble ticket before then.
    This is getting old with IB.

#15     Nov 20, 2006
  6. Were you using the max of your buying power at that time? Could it be they liquidated you at market, and selected the order that you were in the process of placing?

#16     Nov 20, 2006
  7. hey kid, can u post a screenshot of the audit trails?

tia

#17     Nov 20, 2006
  8. 2006

Not all exchanges support penny options -- I think you need to route through smart -- it usually goes to either BOX or ISE.

#18     Nov 20, 2006
  9. tef8

tef8

Audit trails show me selling for 2.40

I did not!

I typed in 2.63 limit clicked on "T" for transmit

Watched it immediately sell for 2.40!

2.63! that was typed in! NOT what the audit trails show! (dead serious about that)

I did update TWS before trading today, don't know if that had anything to do with it.

#19     Nov 20, 2006
  10. doesnt really matter does it, shouldnt have been filled below his lmt.

#20     Nov 20, 2006