Pennsylvania mayor reduces EVERYONE's wages to minimum wage.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Jul 9, 2012.

1. jem

jem

Selfishly, leftists keep mortgaging the future of our kids until they can't even borrow any more.

#11     Jul 9, 2012
  2. achilles28

achilles28

I love news like this :)

#12     Jul 9, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

What do you do when your california, and you are flat broke? Pay tens of billions for a train to nowhere, that no one needs, that will create another perpetual deficit when completed......

I noticed this on Breitbart, and was going to start a thread on it , but im starting to feel like im just beating my head against the wall.... When you see California do something like this it starts to seem like they are intentionally running a suicide mission based on the teachings of ass holes like Krugman. There is no other way to justify something this ridiculous, unless you come at it from the perspective that they really couldnt care less about how much they spend today, because they are going to try to destroy the dollar at some point..... and by destroy the dollar i mean absolute destruction, not the gradual destruction we have been on over the past 15 years....

#13     Jul 9, 2012
  4. Here in California, the systemic problems are staggering.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...7277242682364690.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

"From the mid-1980s to 2005, California's population grew by 10 million, while Medicaid recipients soared by seven million; tax filers paying income taxes rose by just 150,000..."

Over the last 20 years, for every new person paying into the system, there are 46 new people taking money out of the system. How long can that last?

#14     Jul 9, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

I think its safe to say the tipping point has already hit in California, and the only people who dont seem to know, or dont seem to care are the politicians.

I think if you went up to any informed public sector worker in california in their early thirties, and asked them whether or not they are going to see the majority of what was promised to them, that even they will tell you that that the prospects of ever collecting are bleak.

#15     Jul 9, 2012