Pelosi.. Two-Faced Spendthrift DemoCrap Bitch?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gnome, Nov 9, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

1. Pelosi as POTUS? If the prospect of THAT'S not enough to make you shit your drawers....

2. You don't mind her being a self indulged spendthrift on the taxpayer's nickel? Why is that? Because you don't pay any taxes, therefore she's spending somebody else's money? So... it's OK with you?

#21     Nov 9, 2008
  2. You know your comment reminds me of a large medical malpractice case I was involved in years ago involving a client who had been rendered quadraplegic due to obvious and unfortunate medical error. I was speaking with co-counsel, who at that time was president of ITLA (trial lawyers), and he said: "if enough doctors (or other professsionals) make the same mistake enough times then IT becomes the standard by which we measure duty and breach thereof... !"

So what difference does it make whether Newt was an alleged hypocrite... as you describe. Your example just prolongs the constant drum beating that leads us to nowhere. IT IS THE STANDARD to which we hold politicians and government accountable that needs to be raised. We (the people) need public interest law firms or public action groups (BI-PARTISAN) that file mandamus and other actions and seek to broaden the relief that can be achieved via said actions (i.e. mandamus) against government employees. I have said this for years!

But what will NOT work is incessant whining and pointing fingers at respective political parties or races or religions or ethnic groups, when I think all will concede that BOTH parties (and all races, colors and creeds) have at times conducted themselves in nefarious ways and have sucked off the tit of the taxpayer... for way too long!

I do not want to see government hypocrisy in perpetuity.... whether being conducted or promoted by Dems or GOP or the green/purple and pink party!

I think I have been consistent in attacking that on ET !

#22     Nov 9, 2008
  3. A rare good thought from you.

Even as a partisan Republican I wasn't a Clinton hater but for a President who had served as a State Attorney General and taught law at Georgetown to perjure himself in a sexual harassment deposition-a case in which there was so little doubt of his guilt that he settled-was certainly an impeachable offense. How would you like to sue someone rich and powerful and they LIE THEIR ASS OFF to ward off your claim?

IMO it was the perfect Solomon decision. Impeached but not guilty.

#23     Nov 9, 2008
  4. Well, I have Catholic friends whose memories where shaken at the attempt to make Obama look less American or a false American.
    While I respect most of your opinions and appreciate your rebuttals (sometimes.) I think you lack the perspective of NOT being White and thus it makes you less sensitive to concerns of minorities.
    Grab a book by Daniel Goleman about emotional intelligence intelligence and focus on EMPATHY. Sometimes, you need to project yourself out of your skin and try to "feel" somebody else's pain

#24     Nov 9, 2008
  5. Don't think he (pabst) or anyone else needs to necessarily feel "somebody else's pain" for this world to be better!

Rather they need to be better able to feel their OWN inner demons, suffering, frustrations and painful experiences and learn how to extrapolate these emotions in the direction of others with whom they have differences... and thereby recognize the universal principle that we are all indeed the same.... created from the same source (maybe this is the same thing you are asserting said differently).

However some landed in different circumstances when they came out of the womb and many were not capable of or strong enough or genetically smart enough to overcome this "congenital circumstance defect" while some others succeeded ! Was it choice to be lazy or a criminal or irresponsbile, etc.? I do not think that is conclusively so! That is why we as a society, and government in some cases, need to lift others higher so that we ourselves can continue to evolve, prosper and have a higher quality of life.... not just in a material sense!

Perhaps this is what was intended by the creator!

#25     Nov 9, 2008
  6. ak15

ak15

Not true of all Whites. There are sadly some people in society including quite a few hideous trolls that have been trolling this site, as also many other sites, for years, who are insensitive and intolerant of individuals that have backgrounds and heritages different from theirs and spend a good part of their lives trying to rationalize their abhorrent behavior. They've got a specific pattern - fleeting from one thread to another, starting new threads etc - whilst spreading their message of hate, albeit in subtle forms. The more cunning amongst these trolls will momentarily soften the opposition by complimenting them and attempt to try to win them over. Only the gullible are prone to such falsities and succumb. A sensible person with common sense and sound judgment will easily discern such webs of deceit. These lowlives think that a person or persons who doesn't/don't agree with them and who speaks/speak out about the plight of people of different color or ethnicity and/or on their behalf must not necessarily be White. It is inconceivable to them that other white individuals vehemently and disgustingly disagree with thier way of thinking. They (the sick trolls and the miniscule scum of the world at large) are merely deluding themselves and are absolutely mistaken in thier beliefs and convictions.

#26     Nov 9, 2008