Pelosi says "Party on Wall Street is Over"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TT1, Sep 28, 2008.

1. amen

#11     Sep 28, 2008
  2. I agree the party may be over. Do U guys feel that Manhattan real estate will finally crash now like the rest of the country.
    $10-$20 Million for a condo? That's just as rediculous as CEO compensation! Is Donald Trump headed for bankruptsy again like he deserves??? Please tell me Yes! His EGO needs to be corrected fast.

#12     Sep 28, 2008
  3. We grossly overpay ALL CEOS.
    ----------------------

There are grossly over paid people making minimun wage.

There are grossly over paid union workers.

It just takes more of them to fugg up a company.

Hmnnn. would you rather have an overpaid CEO or overpaid employees?

#13     Sep 28, 2008

4. Neither.

#14     Sep 28, 2008
  5. Is Donald Trump headed for bankruptsy again like he deserves???

He wasn't letting buyers in with borrowed equity. He was on the ball regarding letting people try and flip his stuff. No way. He was several years ahead of the rest of the builders regarding where and how the customers got down payments.

#15     Sep 28, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

If you work your ass off and feel like buying a $10million condo why shouldnt you be able too? I know a lot of rich people and a lot of poor people. Almost without exception the rich people work at least as hard as the poor (hard might not be the exact work, because trading is by no means as hard physically as digging a ditch, having done both I can assure of that), but they work as many or more hours, and they have figured out how to leverage themselves and work a hell of a lot smarter. Most, not all, are also a hell of a lot more interesting and fun to hang out with too.

#16     Sep 28, 2008
  7. I thought you crawled under some rock someplace. Get back there you lunkhead.

You fucking idiots. You listening to Pelosi? "Wall St.s party is over". Here it is. 'We took your money, it's gone. Yours is gone, and we have to answer to the people...........suckers."

Trading is over. Markets are over. The arrests are coming. Wait till the middle of the country sees that. Do yourself one better. Vote Obama in , and get yourself a cabinet filled with bomb throwers.

There's nothing here to be curt or funny about. This is a disaster we tried to head off, but everybody was just too darn smart. Now, hopefully, the polliticians pay the price in November for letting this happen. Because YOU, all of you, are going to pay a terrible price. No stopping it now.

#17     Sep 28, 2008
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

Based on what? Academic studies have shown CEOs are underpaid as a whole (yes, certain ones are overpaid...happens at all levels in all industries).

Who should determine their salaries? Nancy "Facelift" Pelosi, whose economic illeteracy is stunning? Barney "Where's My Boy" Frank?

#18     Sep 28, 2008
  9. I dont know...the costco CEO is doing ok. Only pays himself 430k per year and cashiers there make 40k per year which is alot for someone who just counts change. Costco also pays 92% of employees healthcare premiums. Costco is one of the few companys that shareholders actually think the CEO is paying them too much and giving too many benefits. I like it though. CEO hold 600k shares of costco and 1.6 million indirectly. Although he does sell his shares regularly, he doesnt pay himself bonuses.

#19     Sep 28, 2008
  10. poyayan

poyayan

Like the market, price action speaking louding than any news or rumors.

Same here.

#20     Sep 28, 2008