Pelosi refuses to let auto industry fail

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bond tr4der, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Oh, you mean like John McCain wanting to take $300 BILLION of taxpayer money and use it to buy-back bad mortgages FROM THE BANKS ( at highly inflated appraisals ) so that your "neighbor" can re-negotiate his defaulted/delinquent mortgage to a 5% fixed rate while you have been dutifully paying your 6% mortgage every month?

Yeah, sure sounds like partisanship to me!

#31     Nov 12, 2008
  2. Ah, but that is where you are wrong about me - I think John MachurianCandidate, errr, I mean John McCain and Obama both suck! I wrote in Ron Paul. He was the only candidate who showed he knew a thing about the economy. Our politicians are destroying our economy. Which brings me back to Pelosi - who is still a turd! She doesn't so much care about US manufacturing as she does garnering union votes for Dumacrats (sic) - economy of the US be damned.

Bottom line: screw anybody from either party who would sacrifice American freedom and prosperity to garner votes for themselves or their party. :D

-gastropod

#32     Nov 12, 2008
  3. Mercor

Mercor

Part of the advantage the foreign car builders in the USA have is they have far less retired workers to care after.

Over the coming years the advantage of legacy costs will narrow.

#33     Nov 12, 2008
  4. We should take those funds, use them for a hostile takeover of Honda, then move their HQ to Detroit... :D

#34     Nov 13, 2008
  5. jordanf

jordanf

At the risk of asking a stupid question, why can't the automakers just borrow from the Fed's commercial paper facility?

#35     Nov 13, 2008
  6. >>Pelosi refuses to let auto industry fail >>

My view on auto is the same as with banks.

If they cannot compete in the national economy, let them fail. This economy requires amputations, not injections. Pelosi can kiss my ass.

The above comes with a caveat. With globalism, we force competition between $1 a day workers with no benefits and no rights against American workers and wages. Duh. No rocket science needed. Death to globalism, America did just fine without it.

#36     Nov 13, 2008