Pelosi: Gingrich Will Never Be President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 24, 2012.

1. He probably should have said something like that the first time around. That first answer sounds pretty bad, blaming the sanctity of the Ethic s committee.

c

#11     Jan 25, 2012
  2. No Pelosi is a career politician. It will be an October surprise. She will not drop the bomb until she feels she needs to use it.

#12     Jan 25, 2012
  3. Newt has illusions of himself being more important and powerful and knowledgable than he is in reality. Narcissism, sociopath ?

#13     Jan 25, 2012
  4. Epic

Epic

Exactly, the first knee jerk reaction is much more telling than the prepared response a few weeks later after the candidate has consulted with his advisers and polled focus groups.

#14     Jan 25, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I think Gingrich is dirty, even for a politician. I do hope Romney wins the nomination. Not because I think he's easy for Obama to beat, I don't, but because the national, philosophical debate (basically, Hayek vs. Keynes) will be in better focus.

[Also part of the national debate is the problem of inequality. I'm actually surprised at the sheer number of people who recognize it's not good for us, especially since I really doubt they're been reading any formal research into the issue.]

#15     Jan 25, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

I agree.

#16     Jan 25, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

...Right Wing?

:D

#17     Jan 25, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

You also just describes several ET liberals.

#18     Jan 25, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

By R. EMMETT TYRRELL, Jr.

Newt and Bill are 1960s generation narcissists, and they share the same problems: waywardness and deviancy. Newt, like Bill, has a proclivity for girl hopping. It is not as egregious as Bill’s, but then Newt is not as drop-dead beautiful. His public record is already besmeared with tawdry divorces, and there are private encounters with the fair sex that doubtless will come out.

If I have heard of some, you can be sure the Democrats have heard of more. Nancy Pelosi’s intimations are timely. Newt up against the Prophet Obama would be a painful thing to watch. He might be deft with one-liners but it would be futile. There are independent and other uncommitted voters to be cultivated in 2012 — all would be unmoved by Newt’s juggling of conservative shibboleths.

[Snip]

He blew the impeachment and in fact his role as Speaker. He backed out in disgrace. He now says Republicans in the House were exhausted with his great projects. Nonsense, I knew many of them, and they were exhausted with his atrocious leadership. He is not a leader. He is a huckster. Today Mitt Romney has 72 Congressional endorsements. Newt has 11. Possibly the 11 have yet to meet him.

Now he has found his key for hustling conservative electorate. He is playing the liberal media card and saying he embodies conservative values. Like Bill with his credulous fans, Newt is hoping conservatives suffer amnesia. Possibly some do. Perhaps they cannot recall mere months ago when this insufferable whiz kid was lambasting the great Congressman Paul Ryan for “right-wing social engineering” — more evidence of Newt’s not-so-hidden longing for the approval of the liberal media.

[Snip]

Conservatives should not be surprised by the scandals that lie ahead, if they stick with him. Those of us, who raised the question of character in 1992, were confronted by an indignant Bill Clinton, treating the topic as a low blow. To listen to him, character was the “c” word of American politics. It was reprehensible to mention it. By now we know. Character matters. Paul, Santorum, and Romney have it. Newt has Clinton’s character.

http://www.nysun.com/opinion/william-jefferson-gingrich/87674/

#19     Jan 25, 2012

10. I can imagine Newt sweating from now till October. Every debate or belligerent comment he will make wondering just what is it Pelosi has, and the more he opens his mouth, the more he will mess up.

Newt is finished. If Republicans thought straight they would call off their Newton dog and rather have him endorse Paul therefore giving him a marginal chance at least. :) .

#20     Jan 25, 2012