Pelosi: Gingrich Will Never Be President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 24, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Is this just a John King hit piece to get even with Newt? Or is there more to it?

John King, CNN: "You make your case there passionately for President Obama. But also understand that this is a tough reelection climate for any president, Democrat or Republican in this economy. Because of your history with Speaker Gingrich, what goes through your mind when you think of the possibility, which is more real today than it was a week or a month ago, that he would be the Republican nominee and that you could come back here next January or next February with a President Gingrich?"

Rep. Nancy Pelosi: "Let me just say this. That will never happen."

King: "Why?"

Pelosi: "He's not going to be President of the United States. That's not going to happen. Let me just make my prediction and stand by it, it isn't going to happen."

King: "Why are you so sure?"

Pelosi: "There is something I know. The Republicans, if they choose to nominate him that's their prerogative. I don't even think that's going to happen."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ngrich_presidency_that_will_never_happen.html

2. Another prediction is she is right and also Romney will never be President and Ron Paul and Santorum also will never be President.

3. Max E.

Max E.

This is probably one of the first correct things Pelosi has ever said.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Pelosi: "Gingrich Will Never Be President"

Lucrum: "Neither will Pelosi."

5. Epic

Epic

When I first heard her make that statement, I immediately assumed that she was overstating like they all do. It was Newt's reaction to it that caught my attention.

He didn't deny that there was dirt, he actually threatened Pelosi.

I wasn't really against Newt until that moment. Too much of a liability for me to support.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Where did you see Newt's reaction, if you don't mind sharing.

7. pspr

pspr

I think the Gingrich quote used by Epic was from the 1st time Pelosi said she had a file on Newt from his ethics investigation. That was a couple weeks ago. I guess the contents of that investigation are sealed but I would assume what Pelosi knows, Obama now knows and it's funny how incriminating information gets leaked and no one knows who did it.

8. Epic

Epic

Yes, it was during a GOP debate. I think it was the New Hampshire debate. Before that debate she insinuated that she was privy to a lot of destructive info on Newt from her days on the ethics committee.

In the end, there is no such thing as sealed or private information. IT all comes out.

9. Newt is finished. . . . When someone stands straight up and makes a statement like that , without flinching, theres cause for concern, more so if you saw the look on Newt's face. :D .

10. pspr

pspr

Newt replies to Pelosi's latest claim.

Mr. Gingrich appeared on The Washington Times affiliated radio program "America's Morning News" and forcefully responded to Rep. Pelosi.

"There's almost a level of hysteria about the prospect of somebody who really wants to change Washington," said Mr. Gingrich to host John McCaslin.

"I have a simple challenge for Speaker Pelosi...you know, put up or shut up. I mean, I have no idea what she's talking about. I don't think she has any idea what she's talking about, but bring it on," he said.

"My life has been looked at by lots of people and I've been around a long time. And I just think that when you are a left-wing Democrat, the prospect of a Gingrich presidency is really sort of like a nightmare," Mr. Gingrich added.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...icket-audio-newt-pelosi-put-or-shut-bring-it/

#10     Jan 25, 2012