Pelosi eliminating 401k in lieu of government retirement?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by clacy, Oct 24, 2008.

1. This is exactly the reason why I invented the internet so we could share intelligent discourse. Of course I had no idea Yahoo finance would become cyber area 51.

#11     Oct 24, 2008
  2. Al Gore, is that you???

I really appreciate your work on global warming too, now scientists can focus on important matters, such as methane output from cows...

[​IMG]

#12     Oct 24, 2008
  3. new$

new$

BEAUTIFUL :D

#13     Oct 24, 2008
  4. We already have a bankrupt required contribution plan. Why create another, unless to form an additional slush fund for congress to distribute as it sees fit? What rational person buys into this kind of crap? I've been down and out, broke, no vehicle, no job, and even then still didn't believe the gov't could solve the problem for me. Certainly don't believe it now with a 6 figure net worth (although it could hit 5 any day now at this rate).

WTF happened to this country!! My life experience of work hard and realize the American dream is sorely in the minority, apparently. I've spent the majority of my adult life isolated from big cities, living in the remote-er areas of the western US where folks take care of themselves. In your opinions, has this dependency on gov't accelerated significantly in the last 10 years, or is it more a generational (last 30 years) event?

#14     Oct 24, 2008
  5. clacy

clacy

I would definately say that it has accelerated recently (10 years or so), maybe due to the success that we've had economically over the past 25 years.

People now believe that it is their God given, constitutional right to have free healthcare, retirement, free education, etc provided by the government.

The top 1% already pay close to 40% of all income taxes and the top 10% pay 80% of income taxes. There comes a breaking point, at which the top 10% will not be able to fit the bill for every damn entitlement under the sun.

I'm find myself ossilating back and forth between fighting this country's demise, or looking for a new country to flee to.

#15     Oct 25, 2008
  6. 12-13% stolen out of worker's checks for FICA is not enough for them? They want to waste ANOTHER 5% of their salary to fund govt debt???

#16     Oct 25, 2008
  7. clacy

clacy

You can NEVER give these fucks enough. Seriously.

#17     Oct 25, 2008
  8. It is true, they cannot get enough of your money. The public sector has 40-50% of the GDP going through their hands, their workers have fantastic benefits and retirements and they just want to crush the private sector. They forced lenders in the private sector to make 1.8 million home loans to the Obama possee and now they are going to pay off the interest on them with my money..

I quit working already, just gaming the system currently, why work hard if these pieces of shit are waiting to take it all from me?

#18     Oct 25, 2008
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

Tonight, Yahoo's front-page headline was about a special walkway designed for Palin at a hockey game. The headline noted that a hockey player was injured because of "Palin's" walkway. Like it was her fault or something. The player actually had nice things to say about Palin and didn't fault her one bit.

If the same thing happened and it was Obama's walkway, would we hear the same spin? Heck no. Truth be told, B. Hussein has been very secretive and hasn't released a lot of standard paperwork/documentation on himself...and no one in the mainstream press is calling him on it.

#19     Oct 25, 2008
  10. Aok

Aok

hangman's noose, guillotine, or forced work camp.

You choose.

#20     Oct 25, 2008