PEET another coffee stock blastin' off

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Topper, Oct 29, 2009.

1. It's not bad. It's better than Starbucks.

#11     Nov 5, 2009
  2. There's no comparison at all.
    PEETS is way better than Starbucks!

First off, the coffee beans are stored in wooden vats at Peet's . . . so as soon as you walk into the store you can SMELL the beans, as opposed to Starbuck's where everything is already vacuum sealed in a bag.

The beans at Peet's are roasted fresh and do not sit on the shelf for more than 90 days before roasting. Other coffee brands could sit on the shelf for up to one year. If your bag of Peet's Coffee does not taste fresh, they will replace it or give you your money back, no questions asked.

Peet's will also offer "seasonal" and Holiday "blends" from time to time that are simply off the charts for any coffee connoisseur. I believe that the Holiday blend just came in this week, and it is incredible!

My weekly standby's are "Major Dickason's" which is very bold, rich, and full-bodied . . . along with the "Blend 101" but the Holiday Blend is something really special!

:cool:

#12     Nov 5, 2009
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

OMG!!! It's the caffeine!!!

I'll write a song:

"You can't go wrong with coffee long!!!"

No matter how far these stocks correct, they will bounce right back up and make new highs!!!

(At what point did CROX's ugly rubber clogs stop bouncing? Wait, I'm mixing metaphors...CROX failed to include an addictive substance in their product!)

#13     Nov 5, 2009
  4. looks promising for PEET:

Summary:

Peet's Coffee: Initiation details (38.59 +1.99) : As mentioned earlier Janney Mntgmy Scott initiated PEET with a Buy and a $62 fair value estimate. The firm says with the pending acquisition of Diedrich Coffee (DDRX), PEET now has access to the fast-growing single cup segment of the specialty coffee category and is participating in this trend with the market leader, Keurig.

Firm says prior to the acquisition, they forecast PEET has a three-year sales and EPS CAGR of 9% and 20%, respectively. With Diedrich, they forecast a three-year sales and EPS CAGR of 19% and 47%, respectively. At $37/sh, PEET is trading at 35.0x their 2009 EPS estimate of $1.06.

While 2010 EPS will see the dilutive impact from the acquisition primarily in the form of non-cash goodwill amortization (~$0.50/sh), they expect EPS to more than double from the estimated 2009 level of $1.06 to $2.49 (ex-goodwill amortization) in 2011. Their current DCF-derived fair value of PEET excluding Diedrich is $40/share.

Applying a forward P/E range of 25.0x to 35.0x (31.7x historical average) to their 2011 cash EPS estimate (including Diedrich) of $2.49 yields a twelve-month fair value target range of $62/sh to $87/share

#14     Nov 6, 2009
  5. still strong

up 2.90 going into last hour

up 7.92%

Looking for follow through on monday

#15     Nov 6, 2009
  6. Topper

Topper

There's more where that one came from. I'll post em as I find em :cool:

#16     Nov 6, 2009
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Peet’s is going public again this time via Euronext. Peet’s was taken private by JAB in 2012 inorder to expand more aggressively, 8 years later have only 200, meanwhile Starbucks have 28,218.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    #17     May 18, 2020
  8. For PEET's sake. Do you have to bump a 10 year old thread?

#18     May 18, 2020
    Sig likes this.