Pedophilia out of control in Liberal Hollywood

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Murray, is there something in the f*cking water in IL? First RCG, now you. Both of you out of no where start spewing shit. And every post of yours is now bringing religion into it. That's annoying.

Let me try to be the voice of reason here as it appears you are as extreme on the left as some are on the right.

First of all, Hollywood is not "promoting" pedophilia. I never said they were and it was not the reason I started this thread. Hollywood, being let's say "center left" in their ideology tend to be very empathetic of the human race. This is not a bad thing. Most artists, whether they be actors, writers, musicians, or painters, seek to understand the human condition and express it through art. My beef and many others is not that they express certain things, it's that they seem to have trouble drawing lines between art and what's real.

Just as with the catholic church, Hollywood seems to protect their own. My article to start this thread was not to shock anyone that pedophilia is actually happening in Hollywood, but rather that no one seems to care. This was exactly the problem the catholic church had. Hollywood's desire to show empathy towards man's various weaknesses has caused them to let things like this go unchecked.

Please Murray, whatever you started drinking whether it be the water in IL or perhaps just good old fashioned whiskey...stop! Your rants are giving me a migraine. There is obviously a problem in this country with power structures and people protecting their own. Whether it's teacher unions who protect teachers who molest children. When the church protects its priests, or when Penn State seeks to cover up for their sex scandals. Can't we all just say this stuff is wrong no matter who does it?

#181     Dec 10, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto

#182     Dec 10, 2011
  3. I know a lady who, at age 13 married a man 19 and is still married to the same man to this day, 67 years later. Was her husband a pedophilia (sp) ? Correct answer, no he wasn't. Did they have sex before marriage, I don't know but considering the time and morals in rural Texas at the time, I doubt it, both were from very close families.

In colonial America the minimum age for marriage was 14 for the boy and 12 for the girl, I think this was because that was British common law at the time, which was taken from the church rules about marriage.

#183     Dec 11, 2011
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

+1

They are a confused lot. For example, here's a snapshot of a rabid kneejerk reactionary, blithely unaware of his own braindead contradictions:

#184     Dec 11, 2011
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

Of course this stuff is wrong. As far as your accusation that "no one seems to care", it's difficult to care about a problem before you know the problem exists. Now that I know about child actors being abused, of course I, and others, care. Pedophilia is done in secrecy for exactly the reason of keeping the public from knowing about it and consequently doing something about it.

And I'm not blaming the victim here, but as long as people like Corey Feldman keep quiet about who exactly their pedophiles are, just how much do they expect to be done about it? This is like the date rape victim who refuses to name her known attacker. Just what does she want done about it? :confused:

#185     Dec 11, 2011
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Just reread the OP and evidently the charging of the three named Hollywood pedophiles are the result of the Jerry Sandusky/Penn State scandal breaking open into the public and had nothing to do with Corey Feldman's Nightline interview. As long as people like Feldman, Paul Peterson and Alison Arngrim refuse to name their victimizers, what's the point of complaining about the pedophiles that they themselves are too afraid to name? They've contributed nothing to solving the problem IMO.

#186     Dec 11, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hey kunt2, I'm supposed to be on your ignore list. Remember?

#187     Dec 11, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

#188     Dec 14, 2011