Pedophile sentenced to death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Every inmate gets amenities that even some of the hardest working, law abiding citizens in this country can't obtain. It's a no brainer when a child raised by such parents sees a gang-banger flashing cash and touting prison time as bragging rights turns to crime.

Besides, I'm not even talking about just the prison time. When a person caught with x amount of drugs does more time than a rapist, the system is broken. When a prosecutor allows a known criminal to walk for the sake of a "bargain agreement", the system is broken. When a judge allows a trial to turn into a prime-time circus for the sake of public entertainment, the system is broken. The list is llllloooonnnnngggggggg.

Our "justice" system has turned into a serious joke.

#12     Mar 15, 2006
  2. If that's true, why do so many work so hard to get back in?

#13     Mar 15, 2006
  3. Why? Seriously, I have no idea.

#14     Mar 16, 2006
  4. But do they "want out" so bad that they would never consider doing anything which might put them "back in" again?

Clearly - cleary - not.

Anyway, why should their preference for being out rather than in be the criterion for how badly it sucks to be in prison? Every $40k/year employee, every day, would prefer to be a $50k/year employee. Does that mean being a $40k employee sucks?

The other poster is dead right. Western "justice" systems are a sad farce. And there is absolutely no doubt which political leaning is to blame for it.

#15     Mar 16, 2006
  5. I totally disagree. No one political affiliation is to blame; that's pure propaganda.

The problem is that lawyers have an almost complete monopoly in writing the laws. They are the ones that truely benefit from the system.

#16     Mar 16, 2006
  6. From liberal criminologists, who blame crime on "society", to liberal lawmakes, who, literally, let criminals get away with murder, to liberal pundits, who question the sanity and moral fiber of anyone who is pro capital punishment, to simply liberal people, who worry more about "police powers" than stopping criminals, it's a one way liberal street.

#17     Mar 16, 2006
  7. The United States has the world's highest incarceration rate by far (Texas is off the charts). We are 5% of the world's population (300 mill / 6 bill), and yet we have 25% of the world's nine million prisoners. Over two million here have been imprisoned in the drug "war".

Perhaps it's our Puritan foothold, but I think it has more to do with typical American ignorance and being scared shitless all the time by local news (magazine shows) and Amber alerts, even with crime rates dropping over the past two decades. It's embarrassing how soft Americans have become.

#18     Mar 16, 2006
  8. Ummm...yeah. Well, since you seem to be pretty much brainwashed, it's pretty clear to me that any attempts at having an intelligent discussion is out of the question. Enjoy those militant conservative enama sessions, don't you?

#19     Mar 16, 2006
  9. I think that's because they are the most likely to be attacked by other prisoners, and are most likely to be ignored by the guards when they cry for help. I don't think they have many friends inside when they pass through the gates.

#20     Mar 16, 2006