PEAK OIL - A myth???

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraderZones, Mar 5, 2008.

1. You have denied the facts this and every other thread. Every alternative energy, other fuels, technological advance, and everything else find you with unconvincing responses. You do little more than rehash your little bag of tricks and say FLAT EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming from you, this last post is more confirmation of your mental limits, not an insult.

[​IMG]

#41     Mar 10, 2008
  2. Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it.

#42     Mar 10, 2008
  3. Like I said: Inferior opponent.....

#43     Mar 10, 2008
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I never denied your stupidity.... :)

Anyway, predictable idiot, let's put him on Ignore...

Edit: Funny, but by putting him on Ignore it also made this thread disappear from my list. I guess good riddance...

#44     Mar 10, 2008
  5. If Peak Oil is a myth, why are all oil wells' yields increasingly in the beginning and then have a plateau (peaks) and then falls fast.

This happened to ALL OIL WELLS in the world and everybody knows this. THIS IS NOT A PROJECTION. THIS HAD HAPPENED IN THE PAST.

So if there is technology if there is advanced development in oil engineering, howcome this huge drop in oil production could not be reversed?

I am dying to read your answers...

#45     Mar 10, 2008
  6. What needs to be said: you are certainly a legend in your own mind. You give yourself WAY too much credit.

But I agree with Pekelo in one thing, you aren't worth it, so ignore list you go...

#46     Mar 10, 2008
  7. Chood

Chood

Which also can be said of solar, as in peak solar, as in the peak energy output of our sun.

Peak oil is a myth. A hefty import tax on imported oil would tend to prove that, letting the Gov't fleece us instead of standing around while the emirs and oligarchs do it.

Such a tax would reduce the incentive for exporters to fleece us, and it'd put a big hole in the corner presently in place between the exporters and the speculators. Don't be surprised if that is the policy this time next year.

It'd be sold as way to pay ourselves, improve infrastructure, and create jobs (for bridge and road repair, among other projects), which in turn would help blunt the depression -- all in place of enriching the foreigners and allied speculators.

#47     Mar 11, 2008
  8. If Peak Oil is a myth, why are all oil wells' yields increasingly in the beginning and then have a plateau (peaks) and then falls fast.

This happened to ALL OIL WELLS in the world and everybody knows this. THIS IS NOT A PROJECTION. THIS HAD HAPPENED IN THE PAST.

So if there is technology if there is advanced development in oil engineering, howcome this huge drop in oil production could not be reversed?

I am dying to read your answers...

#48     Mar 11, 2008
  9. "Alternative energy" is not a sufficient answer to a possible oil crisis, there are more uses to oil than just burning it for energy

you can see a list of uses on this link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum#Uses

basically most plastic (that means even a great percentage of what you are wearing) are made from petrochemicals extracted from oil

though it is the best answer possible, but then ethanol corn can not be a good alternative unless we have no other choice, if we are gonna look for 'Alternative energy' it has to be something serious, not childish elementary crap

#49     Mar 14, 2008
  10. that is not a correct way to look at it, why? because if oil prices go up so will the cost of new technology

so much of our lives is affected by oil in one way or another, so how can the increase in oil prices not increase the cost of technology

this is not a problem to be solved when the crisis hits, it should be solved way before

but then i'm not a supporter of humans and humanity, I could care less about what comes upon them, and if problems like these whether true or not are solved or not, my reason for posting is only for self entertainment

#50     Mar 14, 2008