PDT rules have destroyed me.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qdz, Nov 20, 2002.

1. We've been getting "more and bigger" rules since 1776. As old man Kennedy (JFK's dad) said back in the 30's: there are so many laws on the books it's impossible to live a day in this country without breaking several of them. Once again, I'd like to point out, you're focusing on what you can NOT control. I'd like to make a very strong reccommendation for those of you who feel like in order to succeed, you absolutely have to force change on the system. Get a book called "How I Found Freedom In An Unfree World" by Harry Browne. If this book doesn't change how you feel I don't think anything will.

Which brings up another point. Be honest with yourself. How much can you begin now to realize that your current stance is nothing more than an excuse. And when you jump to deny this suggestion, you might even more, right now, just decide to believe what will be useful, instead of what is not.

#51     Nov 21, 2002
  2. hehe, its amazing. I don't know how i could be more blunt, but some people still don't seem to understand. $25,000 ISN'T ENOUGH MONEY. If you are losing your 4:1 margin because you don't have even $25,000, YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY. How else can I say that ?

#52     Nov 21, 2002
  3. qdz

qdz

When a trader is pissed off, (i am not saying it's me), he or she just stops doing anything...

PDT rules are no law. I think they are more like murderers threatening other's lives. Sure, most of us ran away (work-around) from murderers. But some of us backup laws to fight murderers in many different ways. I can fight.

:p

#53     Nov 21, 2002
  4. ddefina

ddefina

Reminds me of Caddy Shack.

#54     Nov 21, 2002
  5. I'm not complaining about losing 4:1 margin. I don't use margin at all, and I don't want to. I was merely pointing out to the suggestion that what we ought to do is start using 4:1 margin, that that is not even a possibility.

My current stance is just an excuse? No, it's a complaint. I wasn't complaining about these restrictions when they weren't applied to me. It's only since they've been applied to options (5 weeks) that I have been inconvenienced by these restrictions, and I have done what I can to explain why they are a serious handicap to me.

Just remember all your advice when the regulators decide that $100,000 is not enough money either.

#55     Nov 21, 2002
  6. tampa

tampa

What we need, what we really need is to implement the PDP rule - and at once!

Pattern Dumb-ass Poster

#56     Nov 21, 2002
  7. I second that emotion.

#57     Nov 21, 2002
  8. Okay, still good to go.

#58     Nov 21, 2002
  9. We have had our trading methods restricted forever; adapt ...

#59     Nov 21, 2002
  10. RAY

RAY

qdz,

fight by spamming IB's ratings?

#60     Nov 21, 2002