PDT in IRA cash account <25k

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by graz, Apr 21, 2020.

1. graz

graz

I agree. Definitely. I'm going to have a mixture. No scalping though. The settlement period doesn't bother me nearly as much as the PDT rule.

Thanks for your help.

#21     Apr 21, 2020

2. What about synthetic loophole?? such as trade options and close the position via an near identical options, and or use put call parity format/formula and so on and on to "virtually" close out your position, more commissions so, but doable?? i used to know someone who i think used to do it this way

#22     Apr 22, 2020
  3. My interest in a Day Trading account is for Swingtrading with an initial stop loss order. Maybe I have this wrong but, recently Swing trades are reaching a sell point or drop in days. It is recommended (by myself and the service I use) to always utilize a Stop Loss order. The inevitable result is a 'Day Trade' often due to a quick stop out.
    This concern got me here looking for an out via a Cash Account. If I read it correctly a Cash Account will restrict trading rather than let me hit a PDT alert.
    Correct?

#23     Aug 1, 2020
  4. an update:
    Since my account is a cash account, as long as there is ample cash balance to cover my trades the PDT rule will not apply. I was looking for confirmation and this works. Question closed.

#24     Aug 8, 2020