PDA/Phones - Which one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nlslax, Jul 17, 2005.

1. nlslax

nlslax

Cingular doesn't carry it...figures. Appreciate the info.

#11     Jul 18, 2005
  2. I use the treo 650. Haven't and wouldn't use it for trading, but I did sync with outlook and all that you mentioned. I absolutly love the phone. I thought it was pretty simple to set everything up, but I am pretty tech oriented.

#12     Jul 18, 2005
  3. RXIS

RXIS

Are those things really practical for web browsing or trading? I would think the continuous flow of quotes would be pretty slow.

#13     Jul 19, 2005
  4. A 17" toshiba with a hard connection or wi-fi is all I trust when out of town. I suppose if you had some long term stock positions it could be adequate for monitoring but that is about it.

#14     Jul 19, 2005
  5. nlslax

nlslax

That's also on my list. I like the Toshiba. You prefer M chip or P4?

#15     Jul 19, 2005
  6. #16     Jul 19, 2005
  7. I'm expecting my brand new HP hw6515 to arrive any day now, which runs Windows Mobile 2003 (will be upgradable when they launch the 2005 version early this fall) and supports EDGE for about 250 kbit data-transfer. Since the phone-networks are different it may not be as applicable in the US, but you could check out what kind of connectivity it offers in the US. I live in Norway, and pretty much anywhere where people live I can get that kind of speed. (Norway is a country of 4 million people, so these places are pretty small).

It has to be combined with a cellular subscription plan, but it can be always on and offer streaming quotes and trading as long as your broker/data provider offers a java application. And thankfully we have an operator which doesn't charge per MB of data!

#17     Jul 19, 2005
  8. nlslax

nlslax

What's the battery life like with those P4 chips?

#18     Jul 19, 2005
  9. phones and mp3 players must be one.

#19     Jul 19, 2005