PCquote ..DO NOT Sign UP!!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tin2, Apr 4, 2008.

1. tin2

tin2

I was not unable to cancel the service. they do not answer the phone, They do not reply email. but they do keep charging your credit card , so please beware of this data service!!!!!!!!!!

2. winners8

winners8

That's bad, call your bank quick and reverse the charges.

3. Catoosa

Catoosa

You need a "ShopSafe" Bank of America credit card. With that card you could have canceled the charge number assigned to PCquote at the same time you canceled the service and avoided the problem.

4. That is a nice perk. On the other hand, if push comes to shove, simply cancelling the current credit card by telling the creditor the card was lost will also do the trick. They will simply assign another card number and the data provider would be out of luck.

5. maxpi

maxpi

Mytrack is getting $5.99 a month from me, same deal. I chatted with them and was told to email them. I emailed them once so far to kill it off, nada.... I'll have to get on the phone with them I suppose.....

Losing the card does not always result in a new number being issued, some of them will just send you a new card, same number...

6. Andris_2

Andris_2

Is PCQuote working anyway? Is there anyone using this this service?

I have just signed up for PCQuote - Marketsmart service as data feed for Quotetracker (unfortunately before reading this thread).

They charged my card with $20 but I can't see any data in the Quotetracker. Their web site is very-very slow and doensn't seem to be up to date.

7. Andris_2

Andris_2

It seems to be working, but it is a very slow and poor service. Low cost - low quality. The data is refresing on the average 7-10 seconds, but many times it halts for 1-2 minutes.

8. If they don't issue you a new number it defeats the purpose of sending a new card to replace the lost one, aside from putting the card back in your hands. I could be wrong but it's my belief that CC companies ALWAYS issue a new number for a lost or stolen credit card.

9. Andris_2

Andris_2

You are right, but if you don't want to pay the fee to ban the credit card just ask for a card replacement you may get the same card number. But in this case the expiration date will be different which can obstruct the online usage of the card with the previous card no. and exp. date.

10. Are u sure you arent talking about Pureshit? Maybe PC Quote is owned by Pureshit.

#10     May 19, 2008